Test Automation Engineer Data/Analytics - Leading Fintech - Remote with some travel to Cardiff - Perm
Superb opportunity to join one of the biggest names in the UK financial services sector as a Test Automation Engineer within an innovation driven Data and Analytics function. Working with a business where employees and customers are always at the core of their values and practices, you will be offered excellent opportunities to develop and progress your career, alongside a competitive salary and benefits package.
Working within a Scaled Agile delivery setup you will develop and manage test automation frameworks for an array of applications within a busy cloud data and analytics arena. You will work collaboratively with a multi-disciplined team made up of engineers, analysts, cloud professionals and data scientists to develop cutting edge technology solutions for a diverse range of stakeholders.
Duties will include:
- Defining tools and frameworks to develop and maintain test automation
- Identification of test automation opportunities
- Work closely with the development team to define strategy and best practices
- Looking for opportunities to "Shift left" testing and test automation
- Providing clear and accurate documentation for the tests and test automation
- Contributing towards the continuous improvement of testing and test automation practices
- Integrating automated tests with the CI/CD pipeline
- Sharing Best Practice and owning the testing process is in all cadence ceremonies.
The Successful Test Automation Engineer
You will have at least 3 years' experience working in a similar role within data and analytics, ideally with a focus on cloud platforms and using Java and/or Python.
You will have experience with Data Testing, microservices into the cloud, data ingestion, and it is paramount that you are accustomed to working within an Agile/SCRUM environment.
Communication skills are key, and you will be somebody who is confident in speaking to stakeholders at all levels.
- Automated API/component integration testing with experience with Postman or similar tooling
- Experience in integrating automated testing into a CI/CD pipeline - especially any experience with Azure DevOps or Jenkins
- Strong experience in Selenium and BDD with Cucumber or similar framework
- Experience with non-functional testing with JMeter or similar
- Experience stubbing and creating automation for microservice architecture at distributed scale
- Experience with Data Analytics, Big Data or similar
- Working knowledge of JIRA, and git
- Real passion for clean code, automation testing and continuous delivery
What's on Offer for the successful Test Automation Engineer
Competitive base salary depending on experience, coupled with a good benefits package, bonus, and fantastic degree of flexible working which will see you working largely remote with occasional travel to Cardiff.