Join our dynamic team as a DevOps Engineer!
We're looking for a DevOps Engineer to join us and implement and support the delivery of infrastructure and software-based projects. Working on automated and managed Continuous Integration/Delivery pipelines (CI/CD) you'll save time and manual effort and speed up the development/deployment cycle and reduce errors.
You'll be the go-between our Development Team members and other departments, helping achieve delivery of applications using CI/CD pipelines. You'll also design (and adhere to) standards and best practises, following through these pipelines as they move between different staging environments on the road to Production.
CI/CD practises are not exclusive to in-house developed software applications, and therefore other existing applications and installations can be introduced to Continuous Delivery mechanisms through scripting and deployment frameworks. Similarly CI/CD pipelines can be split between on premise infrastructure and Cloud based setups (Azure)
Location: Must be commutable to office in Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Salary: £60,000 - £75,000 depending on experience
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9-5, Permanent, Full-Time
- To assist the developers and development teams to achieve their goals in projects or BAU work streams
- Design, support and implement the CI/CD ecosystem
- Manage builds, deployments, and configurations in production and pre-production environments
- Maintain and implement industry best-practises for automated configuration, management and security
- Deliver a seamless CI/CD solutions on Azure and on premise
- Participate in Agile based work iterations in multiple teams as-required
- To work with 3rd party support services as required.
- To ensure the right level of documentation is created, available and maintained throughout the environments where it relates to DevOps practices.
- To continue to develop our technical capabilities through the use of existing and emerging technologies.
- Excellent understanding of the commercial and business impact of outages with the business.
- Line Manage existing DevOps team consisting of two Engineers and mentor and guide these resources to grow their knowledge base of DevOps practices.
- Technical problem solving from a complex environment
- The ability to automate what are traditionally iterative manual tasks
- Excellent problem management and prioritisation skills.
- Experience of engaging with all levels of the business.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage multiple streams of work under pressure.
- Working in a secure way and adhering to all relevant security standards.
- Mentoring and training of others
- Ability to work on your own initiative or as part of a team
- Private Medical cover for employee
- 5% Employer pension contributions when contributing 5%
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays
- Company Sick Pay
- Life Assurance 4x annual salary