AZURE DEVOPS LEAD - MAJOR UK INSURER - PERM - REMOTE/SOUTH COAST
Fantastic opportunity to join a major player within the UK insurance market as an Azure Devops Lead, during an exciting period of digital transformation. Working with a business where employees and customers are always at the core of their values and practices, you will be offered excellent opportunities to develop and progress your career, alongside a competitive salary and benefits package.
You will play a key part in the evolution of Devops within an Enterprise scale insurance organisation, as their Azure Devops Lead. This is a varied role which will see you utilise hands on practical skills, as well as provide technical guidance to support CI/CD processes.
The role will work within the delivery function working closely with key stakeholders, project and scrum teams, and although it will have a primary focus on cloud technologies, it will also involve on premise servers and deployments.
Your duties as an Azure Devops Lead will include but not be limited to the following:
- Build, upgrade and improve our development, test and production environments
- Manage and develop efficient continuous build and delivery pipelines
- Monitor hardware and application environments and troubleshoot issues to ensure application performance, security and resilience
- Mentor our Application Developers so they can also support our CI/CD and DevOps processes
- Build effective relationships with the wider business to help shape a culture of continuous improvement and continuous delivery
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills; diplomatic, able to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms and recognise the importance of providing regular updates to stakeholders
- Maintain an awareness of industry developments and highlight those which may be of benefit to the business
- Recognise the standards and controls required in a financial services organisation or other regulated environment
The Successful Azure Devops Lead
You MUST be an experienced DevOps Developer with 2+ years' experience with MS Azure and Azure DevOps, Kubernetes and Kubeless, Docker, HELM and associated Azure CI/CD pipeline technology.
You will be a collaborator who enjoys sharing ideas, and working with business stakeholders and other technical areas of expertise to achieve common goals, as such first class communication skills are key.
Being an advocate for Devops, you will champion this culture, and be able to clearly sell the benefits to non-technical stakeholders.
It is important that you are able to work to deadlines, and deliver solutions at speed, and to a high standard, helping to guide others to achieve their goals.
What's on Offer for the successful Azure Devops Lead
Competitive base salary depending on experience, coupled with a good benefits package, bonus, and a good degree of flexible working, with 1-2 days a week in Hampshire offices.