Location: Remote working, must be able to travel to Portsmouth initial training and occasional meetings
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm
Purpose of the role
To support the Settlements and Reconciliations Team Leader by providing effective financial management information for internal and external distribution and completing key month end reporting, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensuring that daily fund levels in the claims bank accounts are maintained at sufficient levels flagging any issues to the Settlements and Reconciliations Team Leader.
- Ensure all insurer bordereaux, sub commission, insurer statement reporting and payments are completed and payments are made to the appropriate parties.
- Updating the daybooks.
- Provide key monthly reporting to support the bordereaux and sub commission process, analysis and any other finance related work when required.
- Participate in system testing for upgrades to systems as and when required
- Completing insurer bank account reconciliations, liaising with the accounts department to resolve reconciling items.
- Ensure that deadlines are met and that work time is managed to a satisfactory extent.
- Maintain timely and appropriate communication with the line manager, staff (if applicable) and colleagues.
- Be prepared to assist other members of the department when necessary.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Good team player with ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage own workload
- Reconciliations experience
- Experience of using SAGE
- Experience of finance within the Insurance industry