SOFTWARE ENGINEER - PERMANENT - CARDIFF
An exciting opportunity to join one of UK's largest Insurers, as a Software Engineer. You will be joining a business focusing on investigating new products, services, and markets, with a presence in 8 countries and a diverse product portfolio. This is a business where employees and customers are always at the core of their values and practices, where you will be offered excellent opportunities to develop and progress your career, alongside a competitive salary and benefits package.
The successful Software Engineer will be an enthusiastic and inquisitive individual, who can think creatively to solve problems and meet user requirements. You must have a keen interest in software engineering and be ready to research and learn new techniques, languages and frameworks. Working with a DevSecOps mindset, you will be developing, delivering and operating applications using a secure approach.
- Contributing to the development and refinement of user requirements.
- Designing innovative solutions to solve problems and meet requirements.
- Implementing solutions using a variety of programming languages, frameworks, tools and techniques.
- Developing appropriate tests to support code.
- Producing applicable technical documentation.
- Actively contribute to Scrum ceremonies such as Refinement, Sprint Planning and Retrospective.
- Contribute to improvements of our technical excellence and ways of working within Squad, Chapter and Guild forums.
You will also be expected to keep your skills up to date by following advancements in the field and researching new and innovative technologies and techniques.
Skills and Experience
- 2+ years web services development (i.e., REST services), preferably using Java and Spring Boot.
- Experience with SQL and relational database technologies such as PostgreSQL, MySQL or MS SQL.
- Experience working with cloud technologies, particularly Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience with version control systems such as Git.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences including both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, or Terraform.
- Experience with Python, Kotlin or other programming/scripting languages.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Experience working with Azure DevOps pipelines.
- Experience working with NoSQL databases.