Applications Solutions Architect - Insurance Sector - Major Transformation Prog- Remote/London
Superb opportunity to join one of most acquisitional groups in the UK insurance sector, focusing on an exciting transformation project to migrate applications, data and services from a number of businesses to a shared Azure infrastructure environment. Working with a business where employees and customers are always at the core of their values and practices, you will be offered excellent opportunities to develop and progress your career, alongside a competitive salary and benefits package.
Reporting into the Enterprise Technical Architecture Lead, you will be working within a small team of Solutions Architects, developing the architecture and technical direction of the group's application and systems ensuring that the use of technology is aligned with the overall company direction and business strategy.
You will carry out assessments and the need for rationalisation across a dynamic landscape encompassing a number of different insurance businesses.
Your duties as a Solutions Architect:
- Delivering the agreed Solution Architecture services within a large, complex, enterprise scale organisation, working closely with project, programme and product teams.
- Contribute to the enterprise architecture requirements to support the IT Blueprint, and relevant frameworks and governance processes and artefacts.
- Act as an active member of the Architecture Design Authority forum helping to ensure assurance and governance decisions are made correctly.
- Contribute to the evolution of architecture practices and support the continued development of frameworks and processes.
The Successful Solutions Architect
You will be an experienced Solutions Architect with a background in applications and infrastructure, ideally within the insurance sector, and having worked across an Azure focused migration.
Communication skills are paramount, as you will be liaising with a range of stakeholders across a number of different businesses, and it is critical that you are able to explain the 'so what' of technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Knowledge of full software development lifecycle
- Experience delivering IT solutions using Agile methodologies
- Understanding of data modelling and data architecture
- Thorough knowledge of Azure stack
- Hold an up to date knowledge of relevant frameworks such as TOGAF.
What's on Offer for the successful Solutions Architect
Competitive base salary depending on experience, coupled with a good benefits package, bonus, and fantastic degree of flexible working which will see you work a mix of remote and city as a base. This role WILL NOT offer sponsorship.