Solutions Architect - Technology Focused UK Insurance Provider - Perm - Remote/Occ travel
Superb opportunity to join an award-winning UK insurance organisation as a Solutions Architect. Working with a business where employees and customers are always at the core of their values and practices, you will be offered excellent opportunities to develop and progress your career, alongside a competitive salary and benefits package.
Working in an established architecture function within a digitally focused insurance organisation, your role will be to own solutions from inception to delivery, involving bespoke enterprise-class internal platforms, COTS products and cloud services.
Working closely with engineering and programme teams, as well as third party providers, you will support the head of architecture to deliver across an exciting range of technical and functional solutions within an award winning, digitally focused business.
Your duties as a Solutions Architect:
- Engage with a range of stakeholders, translating business goals to deliverable solutions and outcomes.
- Have experience of the full SDLC process, ideally within regulated and consumer-focused industries at volume.
- Create and present Architecture to formal governance boards.
- Integrate internal and external systems.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplined teams remotely.
The Successful Solutions Architect
I am looking for a Solutions Architect with either a strong technical background with MS stack tools including Azure (experience with Azure migrations would amazing and will be highly advantageous), or a solid background working within a major UK insurance provider.
It would be great if you have experience working with bespoke platforms, and also if you have worked within Agile, or scaled Agile frameworks.
- Knowledge of analysis, design and modelling techniques, within formalised frameworks such as TOGAF, Zachman etc.
- Experience in creating target architectures and transition states based on desired business outcomes, delivering solutions from inception through to implementation.
- Experience of defining technical solutions including integration with enterprise class COTS (ERP, CRM etc) and cloud services.
- Experience of working for high-volume, data-driven organisations.
- Experience of technical product delivery within Microsoft technical stack
Communication skills are paramount, as you will be liaising with a range of business stakeholders, and it is critical that you are able to explain the 'so what' of technical information to a non-technical audience.
You will be a critical thinker who can work under pressure, be driven by change and making a difference, and ideally have relevant certifications such as TOGAF, or Agile/SCRUM.
What's on Offer for the successful Solutions Architect
Competitive base salary depending on experience, coupled with a good benefits package, bonus, and fantastic degree of flexible working which will see you work remotely, with very occasional travel to offices in the South East, or North West which you MUST be prepared to embrace where necessary.