In-House Commercial Paralegal (London OR Tunbridge Wells)
Job Ref: GW8847_1568024518 Hours: Full Time Location: Kent, England Working Term: Permanent Salary: £23000 - £30000 per annum Deadline: 2019-10-07
A brand new role as a Commercial Paralegal has been created working for a highly respected media company. The role can be based in either their Tunbridge Wells and/or London offices.
The company are well established and represent the IP rights of many prominent publishing brands in the UK. They handle copyright information, allowing domestic and international business to share published content.
The successful In-House Commercial Paralegal will join an established and highly knowledgable team of Solicitors and Company Secretaries. Responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the rollout of updated license terms and other documentation
- Assisting with company secretarial administration (including filing forms with Companies House)
- Diary management and drafting board minutes
- Maintaining of all company registers, records and legal documents
- Monitor changes in company law and the regulatory environment
- Responding to legal enquiries (such as requests for contract and compliance information, licence terms and basic copyright queries) and escalating where appropriate
- Providing assistance and support to the legal team, including document management
- Legal and corporate research
The successful In-House Commercial Paralegal will come from the following background/offer the following skillset:
- At least 12 months experience of Commercial law - ideally with knowledge of Data Protection and IP law
- Ideally be studying/have studies LPC with electives in commercial areas of law
- A willingness to learn
- A keen team player
- Ability to demonstrate commercial awareness and time management skills
- Solid IT skills
- A high attention to detail
- Ideally some experience of dealing with company secretarial matters - not essential as full training will be offered
Applications are considered from those looking for full-time OR part-time (at least 3 days per week) positions. The role can either be based in Tunbridge Wells or London, or a mixture of both. Please state on your application what you are looking for.