Application Support Engineer : Cloud : MS Azure
Hybrid between remotely from home and Whitstable, Kent OR Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Gerrard White is currently seeking an Application Support Engineer to join one of the largest insurance companies in the UK.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic and growing team to enhance, support and maintain a highly acclaimed and business critical Cloud based platform (multi-Cloud).
This is a hybrid working role where you will be able to work remotely from home 3-4 days per week with 1-2 days in the office in either Whitstable, Kent OR Tunbridge Wels, Kent.
This role will involve working as part of an on call rota for which an additional on call payment will be made.
This role will be play a key part in supporting the evolution of our multi-cloud technology, ensuring that the organisation can maintain first class support for a business-critical capability containing modern tech such as Machine Learning, AI, high resilience and scaled operations.
You should have experience of implementing, maintaining and supporting applications based in the Cloud, such as Microsoft Azure, and understanding of containerisation, using Kubernetes or similar.
- Ensure first class support, meeting the expected SLA's for a critical business capability
- Implement Service Fabric (SF) & Kubernetes (K8s) Infrastructure & applications
- Upgrade SF, Azure, Radar Live (RLX), K8s, AppDynamics, etc, as required to keep current
- Certificate rotations / updates
- CI/CD process maintenance (Pipelines, etc)
- Management of Azure / K8s / RLX components (Default settings, maintenance, updates, etc)
- Regular monitoring of the services / platform
- Release implementation (out of hours where required)
- Out of hours (second line) support (and occasional deployment when required)
- 24 hr availability for incidents / support (shared with other team members)
- Regular environment review (housekeeping, cost management, performance, etc)
- Development, maintenance and evolution of support standards & documentation
Suitable Candidates will have:
- Azure (Service Fabric, VMs, APIM, App Insights, PowerShell, etc)
- Containerisation - Kubernetes, Docker
- SQL and/or similar query languages
- Understanding of CI-CD tools
- Previous experience in a second line role
- Knowledge of monitoring tools (such as App Insights, App Dynamics, Grafana)
- ITIL training
- Ability to identify opportunities from faults / issues
- Attention to detail and an ability to analyse
- Ability to learn quickly
- Proactivity and positive attitude
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, across all levels