Gerrard White is currently seeking a Data Architect to join the Technology and Data team of an innovative insurance organisation delivering market leading services.
This role can be based fully remotely from home OR from offices in West Sussex or Manchester within a hybrid model.
This is an opportunity to join at an exciting phase of growth including looking at new technologies, transition of data services and a transformation project.
This role will take responsibility for ensuring the effective design and use of the Enterprise Data Platform. You will be seen as a trusted SME with significant experience in the development and delivery of enterprise class data solutions with a strong appetite for innovation, you'll be responsible for articulating designs to the architecture and development teams, and then in return communicating and evangelising the technical solution back to the underlying business stakeholders.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop technical capabilities to progress and enhance the Group's Enterprise Data technology, running multiple projects including issues and design.
- Manage an Enterprise view of data consumption and production.
- Provide data expertise into projects executed by the Technical Delivery Function.
- Support a team of Developers in delivering technical solutions through the common approach to data and a common data model, engaging with key stakeholders such as developers, engineers, information security and data security.
- Work with the Head of Architecture to ensure Solutions support the architectural direction of the groups technology plan.
For this role, you will need to have:
- A background in Big Data cloud solutions and related experience in a similar Data Architect role within an insurance, finance or related commercial industry.
- An understanding of Visual, Cloud & Microsoft Stack technology experience.
- A great work ethic, able to take ownership and demonstrate a collaborative working manner within an agile environment running multiple projects.
- Good experience of enterprise data architecture in organisations utilising Microsoft Technologies - experience in Telematics or IoT is an advantage.
- Membership of Data and Architectural Governance Forums.
- Experience of analysis and architectural modelling and documentation techniques, including Entity Relationship Diagrams and design specifications, and the ownership of those solutions through to delivery.
- Experience of PaaS Cloud Data Services and understanding of Data Management techniques, as well as extensive knowledge and experience of Microsoft Reporting and Data management environments.
- Sound experience of the full SDLC, ideally with an Agile approach and TOGAF Certification is desirable.
- Strong stakeholder skills capable of influencing clients
- Knowledge of data technology platform design and components including data ingestion and integration, ETL, data lake technologies, Enterprise Data Warehouse, reporting and analytics, and experience in Data security.