Portsmouth / Hybrid working
Hours: 9:30 am to 5:00 pm
Salary: £32,000 - £35,000
The finance analyst supports the Finance Business Partner in providing financial information and analysis so they can give analysis and insight to managers, challenging their thinking, helping them make more informed decisions and driving business strategy. Their role is to help the Finance BP provide 'real-time support and analysis, be a trusted adviser, and add value that will assist in decision-making.
In this role, you will be working closely with finance colleagues and would have a key role in providing effective and timely financial management information and analysis.
- Provide key daily and monthly reporting to the business units under your remit - specifically daily tracker reports and P&L's by Product or Affinity. Provide detailed analysis and commentary on Business Unit results.
- Support the forecast and annual budget cycles by running the detailed forecast models supporting each BU, understanding the inputs and outputs, assisting with the preparation of summaries of the forecast results, highlighting variances against Business Plans and prior forecasts, and documenting the financial impacts of action plans implemented to close any gaps.
- Assist in the preparation and review of cost cards for the different areas of the business with the aim of understanding the full costs of all activities, working with the operations teams to highlight specific areas of improvement and model the financial implications of proposed changes.
- Provide analysis and deliver insight that links financial reports to business strategies.
- Improve the impact, and understanding, of financial reporting on business performance.
- Building partnerships and strong relationships with all senior managers and their teams and providing financial support to commercial decision-making.
- Assisting in building financial models and delivering analysis and insight from them on new business opportunities; providing options and scenarios for business decisions.
- Challenging current ways of working, driving efficiencies and cost savings wherever possible.
- Assisting with year-end audits, ad-hoc projects, and any other finance tasks as required.
- Understand the Company's Values (V10), Treating Customers Fairly, and Customer Charter initiatives and embed these into daily working activities.
- Adhere to all legal, regulatory, information security and compliance requirements and undertake the necessary training to ensure a good understanding.
- Part Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA, or equivalent - preferred, however applicants with the relevant experience and no qualifications will also be considered
- Advanced Microsoft Excel user.
- Analytical, willing to attempt to solve complex problems and with a good level of commercial acumen.
- Good communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to build strong relationships and communicate effectively to explain financial concepts to non-finance people.
- Robust with an ability to remain motivated in a challenging environment.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and presentation
- Good team player
- Self-starter, proactive and independent
- Forecasting and budgeting experience
- General understanding of Insurance industry practices & principles
- Experience in the Financial services industry would be advantageous
- Finance systems experience, especially with SAGE Intacct, DataRails and Anaplan. However, training will be provided