Java Developer - Leading Global Insurance Broking Business- Mix of Remote & City - Perm
Superb opportunity to join one of the world's largest insurance broking organisations as a Java Developer. Working with a business where employees and customers are always at the core of their values and practices, you will be offered excellent opportunities to develop and progress your career, alongside a competitive salary and benefits package.
Your role will focus on the design and delivery of a range of systems to meet diverse needs of a major global insurance broking organisation, including a cutting edge broker accounting platforms and the Java applications which support this.
This a fantastic opportunity to work as a pivotal part of the tech function focusing on backend work, where your input WILL make a difference, and your value appreciated. Working with modern tech, building things from scratch, and not having to deal with legacy architecture and tools, what more could you want?
Your duties as a Java Developer:
- Works hand in hand with the business to establish requirements for new, and existing systems.
- Designs, codes, tests, corrects and documents large and/or complex programs and program modifications from specifications using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result. Takes technical responsibility for all stages in the software development process.
- Takes part in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work.
- Provides advice, guidance and assistance to less experienced colleagues as required.
- Provides technical advice to other members of the team and ensures that solutions meet prevailing standards.
- Works with Application Support Analysts to Investigate, establish root cause and remediate operational incidents. Investigates operational needs and problems, and opportunities, contributing to the recommendation of improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes and organisation.
The Successful Java Developer
I am looking for an experienced Java Developer with at least 3 years' experience focusing on this language across both web and desktop applications, design patterns, as well as database design, ideally in SQL, and data formats such as JSON and XML.
You will be accustomed to working within a modern Agile environment with SCRUM, creating CI/CD pipelines, ideally in Jenkins, as well as strong experience with API's that interact with 3rd party systems.
Communication skills are paramount, if you want to work fully remote and be a stranger to your colleagues this is NOT the role for you. However, if you are somebody who loves to engage with people, and actively be a part of an evolving tech function and share in everyone's success, then this will suit you perfectly.
What's on Offer for the successful Java Developer
Competitive base salary depending on experience, coupled with a good benefits package, bonus, and hybrid working that will see you in a mix of home, and city offices.