UX Designer -Leading Electric Vehicle Platform- Competitive Salary + Package - Perm - Hybrid working
Gerrard White are working with a leading App and Digital Platform for electric vehicle drivers, who are at the forefront of their market, having formed strong partnerships with leaders in the EV industry. A company truly passionate about making a difference, looking for a UX designer who shares the same passion, not only for creating clean and effective design, but also ultimately contributing towards a greener future.
As a UX Designer, you will be comfortable defining and leading the design approach, with plans to continue expanding to a further global audience. You will be responsible for contributing toward valuable, discoverable and usable new features. This is an opportunity to work across the full design process, understand the user needs, map key journeys on the platform, prototyping, and testing new features. You will work closely with the product and engineering teams, ensuring that user-centered design is adopted.
The successful UX Designer will also be responsible for:
- Ensure a consistently high quality, brand-aligned, user experience is delivered across our mobile applications, website, and in-car product set.
- Lead research and discovery activities, building and communicating a clear view of our users and their needs.
- Facilitate the conception of new experiences, sketching, prototyping and testing new propositions across new and existing digital channels.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Develop and deliver design artifacts, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces, to enable our engineering team in delivery.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Lead the establishment of a consistent design language across our digital experiences.
Essential System Knowledge
- Expertise in common UX & UI tooling such as Sketch, Figma, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq.
The Successful UX Designer will have
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and users.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be collaborative, open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation.
What's on offer for the successful UX Designer
An opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative organisation, where new ideas and developments are deployed quickly. Paired with a competitive base salary depending on experience, coupled with a good benefits package, bonus, and fantastic degree of flexible working.