Test Automation Engineer Data/Analytics - Leading UK Insurer - Remote with some travel to Cardiff - Perm
Superb opportunity to join one of the biggest names in the UK insurance sector as a Test Automation Engineer within an innovation driven Data and Analytics function. Working with a business where employees and customers are always at the core of their values and practices, you will be offered excellent opportunities to develop and progress your career, alongside a competitive salary and benefits package.
Working within a Scaled Agile delivery setup you will develop and manage test automation frameworks for an array of applications within a busy cloud data and analytics arena. You will work collaboratively with a multi-disciplined team made up of engineers, analysts, cloud professionals and data scientists to develop cutting edge technology solutions for a diverse range of stakeholders.
Duties will include:
- Defining tools and frameworks to develop and maintain test automation
- Identification of test automation opportunities
- Work closely with the development team to define strategy and best practices
- Looking for opportunities to "Shift left" testing and test automation
- Providing clear and accurate documentation for the tests and test automation
- Contributing towards the continuous improvement of testing and test automation practices
- Integrating automated tests with the CI/CD pipeline
- Sharing Best Practice and owning the testing process is in all cadence ceremonies.
The Successful Test Automation Engineer
You will have at least 3 years' experience working in a similar role within data and analytics, ideally with a focus on cloud platforms and using Java and/or Python.
It is paramount that you come from an Agile background and are comfortable with this way of working.
Communication skills are key, and you will be somebody who is confident in speaking to stakeholders at all levels.
- Automated API/component integration testing with experience with Postman or similar tooling
- Experience in integrating automated testing into a CI/CD pipeline - especially any experience with Azure DevOps or Jenkins
- Strong experience in Selenium and BDD with Cucumber or similar framework
- Experience with non-functional testing with JMeter or similar
- Experience stubbing and creating automation for microservice architecture at distributed scale
- Experience with Data Analytics, Big Data or similar
- Working knowledge of JIRA, and git
- Real passion for clean code, automation testing and continuous delivery
What's on Offer for the successful Test Automation Engineer
Competitive base salary depending on experience, coupled with a good benefits package, bonus, and fantastic degree of flexible working which will see you working largely remote with occasional travel to Cardiff.