Role Name: Claims Intervention Team Leader
Reports to: Intervention Operations Manager
Location: Manchester, office based
£30 - 35k plus great benefits.
We are looking for a high-performing Manager to help us meet our customer service and claims expectations. Managing a team of 5- 10 handlers working on capturing third parties where our insured is at fault for the incident. An integral part of this role will be to develop individuals in a way that enables them to achieve their own development plans and improve performance across a number of metrics.
- You will confidently guide and motivate your team to achieve business targets and quality objectives.
- We'll need you to ensure that the team provide exceptional customer service and that we meet and exceed agreed SLA's.
- You'll build positive relationships across the team; creating an environment that facilitates strong performance and increases profitability.
- You will regularly meet and communicate with your team to engage and motivate them as individuals to achieve specific and agreed targets.
- You will be accountable for monitoring & managing performance to keep your team on track, recognising achievements and tackling underperformance.
- You will coach and develop to equip your team with the skills, knowledge and behaviours required to increase capability and raise performance standards/targets.
- It will be your responsibility to stay up to date with new initiatives to interpret and pass on new product/technical/customer and organisational developments and cascade this to your team.
- Ensuring and monitoring team performance relating to regulatory requirements and ensuring this is embedded throughout the team will be key.
- Respond positively to change and take ownership for the messages in key communications.
- Use Management Information to make decisions that improve customer, employee and commercial performance outcomes.
- Contribute to and ensure direct reports work within agreed processes in order to deliver the business plan
- Measure direct reports performance against KPI's and SLA's.
Key Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of the Claims role and department including FNOL, AD, TPPD intervention and processes.
- Experience of working in a sales environment and working towards targets and SLAs
- Strong Excel skills
- Extremely organised and task focussed
- Understanding of coaching techniques
- Strong analytical mind with a superb eye for detail
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise to tight deadlines.
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Sales experience
- Team manager experience
- Performance management skills
- Demonstrates a good understanding of office procedures
- Well organised and demonstrating attention to detail
- Good numeracy and accuracy skills
- Demonstrates ability to prioritise workflow volumes
- Good computer skills to include Microsoft Office
- Ability to adopt flexible working practices