Pet Contact Agent
Salary: £20,319 pa (plus bonuses)
Hours: Full Time 37.5 hours per week on a 3-week rotational shift pattern:
- Week 1: Monday to Friday 8am-4pm
- Week 2: Monday to Friday 9am-5:30pm with a half-day on Saturday with a day off in the week in lieu
- Week 3: Monday to Friday 12pm-8pm
Location: Lakeside, Portsmouth
To ensure the efficient and professional handling of all aspects of pet insurance including service and claims by corporate and affinity partner service standards.
- Answering calls promptly and by our Service Level Agreements.
- Contacting and dealing with customers via telephone and email updating details on the MIS system whilst providing excellent customer service.
- Production of customer, affinity, and veterinary correspondence to corporate standard.
- Collating and posting of documents where required.
- Maintaining a consistent and energetic approach and building rapport with internal and external customers to establish customer relations.
- Liaising with veterinary practices, breeders, policyholders, and affinity partners to obtain information to allow veterinary nurses to settle claims and then produce the cheques.
- To manage the customer through the lifecycle of their policy from quote/sales and inception, MTA's and renewals the claims process and all credit control functions providing a one-touch service.
- Ad hoc duties as required by Management.
- Aware of and conform to legal requirements in all activities, both internal and external. Implicit in this is that all Managers and Staff conform to the appropriate standards in terms of Health and Safety, but also to the highest standards of business ethics.
- Where applicable, to adhere to Company processes about FCA compliance and Treating Customers Fairly
- Resilience within a busy working environment
- Prioritisation skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Able to think on your feet
- Work well under pressure
- Problem-solving skills with difficult customers
- General understanding of insurance industry practices & principles (Ideal, not essential)
- Experience of working within a target driven environment