Pet Insurance Team Leader
To manage and develop the department and meet Customer service and Claims SLAs that achieve business plan objectives and financial targets. Ensure that an organised, efficient and effective service is provided to meet the expectations and technical standards of internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage, lead, develop and motivate a team of Customer Contact Agents.
- Achieve challenging team targets and goals.
- Assess and make suggestions for improvement on existing departmental processes.
- Manage the delivery of SLAs and FCA requirements ensuring operational targets and customer standards are met through effective management of the team.
- Understand the commercial and financial impact of individual and team performance.
- Understand team and individual productivity, setting targets to deliver KPI through Performance Management.
- Manage and embed departmental protocols and guidelines to ensure client service standards are adhered to.
- Establish and maintain a competent level of technical, product and system knowledge to support the team.
- Drive employee motivation by demonstrating role model behaviour.
- Measure, analyse and report on team and individual productivity, current working practices and KPIs.
- Be proactive in identifying operational issues and proposing solutions/changes that will positively address these.
- Implement structured coaching, and training and development activities for staff and review the effectiveness of these.
- Develop a performance-orientated culture, enabling all staff to contribute effectively and be continually motivated to achieve high levels of productivity and outputs.
- Demonstrate good customer skills in all dealings whilst continually promoting MSG values and culture.
- Commit to own personal development.
- Provide support, mentoring and guidance to others as required.
- Manage and embed HR processes.
- To undertake other reasonable responsibilities and projects as instructed by their line manager.
- To adhere to Company processes about the Financial Conduct Authority's Handbook.
- To ensure that Data Protection, Treating Customers Fairly and other regulatory requirements are met, and Company processes are followed.
- Experience in Insurance and managing a team.
- The ability to demonstrate strong leadership skills within a challenging results-orientated environment.
- Experience in achieving targets and goals.
- Experience working in a customer-orientated environment.
- Ability to develop and motivate others in a changing environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Works on own initiative
- Strong analytical and decision-making abilities
- A strong knowledge of the Pet industry and products
What do we offer in return?
- A collaborative and fast-paced work environment
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays and the ability to buy an additional three days' holiday.
- Health Cash Plan
- Onsite free car parking
- Free shuttle bus from central locations in Portsmouth to the office
- Beautiful, modern office facility in Lakeside that offers Wellness Wednesdays and Street food Thursdays!
- Strong salary progression scheme
- A benefits scheme that offers discounts and cashback on shopping, restaurants, travel and more.
- Life Assurance 4x annual salary
- A structured pathway to learn and develop.
- Employee referral scheme
What are we doing to help us build a thriving, inclusive community?
Our ambition is to build a more diverse, equal, and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we have a mission statement in place to reinforce our commitment. However, that's the easy part!
Our key challenges are…
- How we continue to nurture positive behaviours in our own culture to foster healthy, happy, and collaborative colleagues where performance is recognised, and differences celebrated.
- How we strive to build our internal community to better reflect the diverse communities we serve.
To help us achieve this, we have recently established an employee network called #WeAreMarkerstudy - a body of proactive colleagues with diverse interests and experiences, who have volunteered themselves to be part of a driving force for positive change.