Technical Controller - Group motor Claims
Our client, a Times Top 30 major UK insurer, is looking for a Technical Controller, providing support as a Motor Claims expert. Using your motor claims handling expertise you'll provide answers to technical queries, perform audits to identify areas of improvement and be a subject matter expert on business-wide projects. We're looking for someone who's hands on, can work with both detail and high-level information; in return you'll shape our client's operational delivery and be key to their future success. If you have a wealth of motor claims experience and are looking for your next challenge, apply today!
About our client
They're a leading and expanding motor insurance group who are renowned for their staff reward and recognition and are ranked highly in The Times Top 30 Big Companies to work for. They're a modern and progressive group and pride themselves on their dynamic and agile way of working.
Salary: £25,000 - £45,000 depending on experience
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Location: Tunbridge Wells/Haywards Heath/Chelmsford/Whitstable/Manchester
Key tasks will include but not limited to:
- Guidance point for technical queries and case specific referrals.
- Undertake Quality Control audits to;
- Identify opportunities for performance improvement, and ensure findings are shared with the Training team to facilitate and inform the coaching/mentoring programme.
- Manage strategic delivery, including providing analysis to drive through developments to ensure that the key business objectives are being met.
- Support the development and delivery of key strategies identified by the senior management team, and contribute suggestions on content to be included, as well as own ideas on future strategy.
- Participate in the monthly MI review (internal as well as supplier MI) to track performance against agreed KPIs relating to indemnity spend. These include, but are not limited to, PI, litigation, MOJ, credit hire, property damage (both first & third party) and TP intervention. Analyse trends and highlight opportunities to improve performance.
- Regular review and enhancement of all Best Practice, process and guidance documentation, ensuring content is accurate, up to date, accessible, and user friendly.
- Participate in projects and ad-hoc additional activity, as appropriate
- Adhere to Company processes with regard to DPA, FCA compliance and Treating Customers Fairly.
- Undertake other reasonable responsibilities and projects as instructed by your line manager
- Travel between sites, and external meetings as required and with prior agreement of the line manager.
The ideal candidate:
- Strong motor claims handling experience, including Personal Injury, Credit Hire or Property Damage (first & third party).
- Full technical and product knowledge, along with financial understanding of claim reserving and settlements.
- Developed IT skills including Microsoft Office.
- Collation and interpretation of Management Information to enable decision-making.
- An understanding of the main principles of laws relating to all relevant jurisdictions.
- Fully conversant with Road Traffic Act and the implications of being RTA/Article 75 insurer
- Ability to pay attention to detail and good organisational skills.
- Conversant with current and emerging case law and awards.
- Report writing and ability to analyse outcomes & MI.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Relevant IT skills.
- Ability to manage all stakeholders and external Suppliers.