Location: Haywards Heath
Hours: 9-5 Monday to Friday
Salary: £23,000 plus great benefits
We're one of the UK's largest managing general agent, supporting over 1,000 broker partners and more than 3 million policyholders with a wide variety of insurance products. As a Group, we have recently become one of the UK's largest motor insurance providers and have an impressive portfolio of businesses. There are very exciting growth and acquisition plans for us moving forward so watch this space!
As a treasury assistant, you will contribute to the department in delivering the Group Finance business plan to meet business growth targets. You will carry out daily treasury activities, which include cash management, funding, reporting and reconciliations, working with other members of the Treasury team to ensure the smooth running of daily tasks and month-end processes.
- Provide support to Credit Control Team and Treasury Team Leader
- Processing of cash for claims and brokers on a daily basis, to include foreign payments, cheque requests and cancellations.
- Printing and sending out of daily claims cheques.
- Updating cash forms and reconciling to claims systems on a daily basis.
- Posting and reconciling bank accounts.
- Ensure paperwork is filed.
- Monitoring activities of bank accounts.
- Covering the other Treasury Assistant's duties during their absence.
- To undertake other reasonable responsibilities and projects as instructed by their line manager.
The ideal candidate
This ideal candidate will ideally have two years' previous accounting/treasury experience. 6 months or more experience will be considered.
Experience in cash management and a general understanding of insurance industry practices are desirable but not essential.
- Computer literacy, highly numerate, intermediate excel skills, proven accurate data entry
- Bank reconciliation experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An individual who is well organised and able to work to tight deadlines
- Close attention to detail, to ensure that accurate and thorough work is produced
- An individual who possesses initiative is analytical in nature and not afraid to ask questions
What benefits are there?
33 days holiday (inc Bank Holidays) with the ability to buy and sell more days. 5% contributory pension scheme, health and wellbeing support, life assurance, a portal full of individual benefits including retail discounts, memberships, discounted restaurants, cinema tickets and much more!