What you'll be doing
This role will be an integral part of the growth of the Accidental Damage Claims team over the coming years, and will contribute towards building our knowledge base and improving our claims handling capability.
- Providing outstanding service when a customer makes a motor insurance claim with Marshmallow, ensuring their needs are taken care of sensitively and effectively
- Liaising with our policyholders and external partners to ensure a seamless customer experience; using various communication channels to keep all parties updated throughout the process
- Managing your own caseload in an organised and efficient manner
- Ensuring all claims in your caseload contain accurate and complete information Maintaining accurate reserves and diaries to reduce the risk of leakage
- Making accurate liability and indemnity assessments to ensure claims are directed down the correct path. Where appropriate, flagging third party intervention opportunities to the Intervention Team.
- Proactively suggesting improvements to our processes and taking ownership of implementing changes wherever possible
- Supporting other team members with more complex and escalated scenarios, and monitor activity across the team to look for areas of opportunity or risk
Who you are
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to adjust to last minute changes
- Diligent, industrious and enjoys working in a fast paced environment
- A self starter who can take ownership of their workload
- Eager to share ideas and provide input to the wider team
- A natural communicator; able to provide excellent customer service at all times
- Approachable and collaborative; works easily with stakeholders at all levels
What we're looking for from you
Around 2+ years of relevant experience in the claims space. A desire to grow your own claims handling ability whilst helping others to improve their own skills and decision-making.
Perks of the job
- Flexible working: Spend 1 day per fortnight with your team in our new collaborative London office, the rest can be work from home
- Competitive bonus scheme - designed to reward and recognise high performance
- Flexible benefits budget - £50 per month to spend on a Ben Mastercard meaning you get your own benefits budget to spend on things you want. Whether that's subscriptions, night classes (puppy yoga, anyone?), the big shop or a forest of houseplants. Pretty much anything goes
- Mental wellbeing support - Access therapy and mental health sessions through Oliva
- Learning and development - Personal budgets for books and training courses to help you grow in your role. Plus 2 days a year - on us! - to further your skillset
- Private health care - Enjoy all the benefits Vitality has to offer, including reduced gym memberships and discounts on smartwatches
- Medical cash plan - To help you with the costs of dental, optical and physio (plus more!)
- Tech scheme - Get the latest tech for less
Plus all the rest; 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), pension, cycle to work scheme, monthly team socials and company-wide socials every month!
We break it up into 3 stages:
- Initial call with a member of our Talent Acquisition Team (30 mins)
- A skills and culture based interview where you will discuss your previous experience with two members of the Claims team (1 hour 15mins)
We'll let you know if you're invited to an interview or not. But, as a small team with a lot of applications to consider, we can't give individual feedback on each application.
The Claims Team
We believe that the claims experience can be so much better in the insurance industry! So, our mission is to deliver the most delightful and efficient claims experience to our customers.
Working in a startup means that you have to be adaptable and are excited by the prospect of moving fast. This is an opportunity to collaborate with engineers, product managers, designers, underwriters and our operations team to set us up for success. Building strong working relationships is important, to ensure that together with our partners we deliver excellent customer service 24/7, 365 days a year.
We started Marshmallow when we found out how unfair insurance prices are for people who move to the UK. All because the industry hasn't given this huge cohort of people a second's thought, and isn't set up to price them properly.
We saw an opportunity to do things differently, so we made it our mission to back the ones who step outside the norm. Since we started, we've helped 100,000s of people get a fairer deal on their car insurance. Using technology, we serve people that are often overlooked by financial services companies, solving important problems for people who need it most.
We know there are millions of marginalised customers out there. And we know that they face unique problems that most companies aren't even aware of. We believe that our future is helping these people by learning about their experiences, and building our company around their needs. And there are strong signs that there's a need for a company like us. Earlier this year we hit profitability, which is a huge milestone, but the most exciting thing is that we're only just getting started.