Gerrard White are currently working with one of the biggest and most acquisitive personal lines insurers in the UK, and they are looking for a cloud analyst to join the team!
Your role will be to help with the group's digital transformation to the cloud and to support the infrastructure requirements at a 3rd line level, and will involve project and BAU work as directed. The underlying objectives are to deliver a stable, resilient, scalable, and fit for purpose platform that empowers the group to deliver business applications when and where they are required. You will be expected to use your skill set as a cloud analyst to move the group towards our goal of application and infrastructure modernisation through transformation. You will be joining a highly skilled, motivated group of SME's who are all happy to both share knowledge and learn from others. The group are very much technology focused, are looking to expand through acquisition and currently undergoing a period of digital transformation that is being led by IT, so this is a very exciting time to join.
Accountable for the support and development of hybrid cloud infrastructure
Accountable for the support of the infrastructure across the group
Work with the Architecture team to deliver strategic roadmaps
Ensure that Security considerations are embedded in all work undertaken
To work with 3rd party support services as required
To deliver technical designs to remediate against identified problems
Provide design authority expertise to ensure that solutions are fit for purpose and delivered to an agreed standard.
To work with NOC to ensure all aspects of the infrastructure and are actively monitored
To ensure regular health checks and appropriate patching is carried out
To ensure right level of documentation is created, available and maintained for the environment
To ensure that that all backup services for the group are appropriate and maintained accordingly
To continue to develop the groups technical capabilities through the use of existing and emerging technologies
The ability to learn new technology and to also share that knowledge with others
Excellent understanding of the commercial and business impact of IT outages with the business
Carry out performance/capacity planning for the IT Infrastructure
· Cloud Engineering / networking experience with Azure
· Infrastructure as Code (IaC) scripting including ARM templates, JSON and Terraform
· Exposure to and use of containerization technology (Kubernetes)
· Use of API Management tools including APIM, Apigee
· Use of DevOps tools including Team City, Octopus Deploy, GIT, Azure DevOps
· Windows AD inc Powershell
· Office 365 and Azure AD
· MS Windows Server 2012-2019
· Other cloud platform experience e.g. AWS, GCP
· Azure Cloud Services and components including Data Bricks, Data Lake, Function Apps, SQL
· Experience of Microsoft Service Fabric in Azure
· Cisco Networking, Nexus, Switching, Routing, VLAN config
· Backup technologies including Rubrik
· Hyper Converged Data centre experience
· Citrix Netscaler Gateways
· CheckPoint Firewalls
· Storage Area Networks
· Modern monitoring platform knowledge
· Compliance and Security Technologies
· Professional qualifications that support your experience
· Excellent knowledge of the ITIL framework
They offer great flexibility around hybrid working and would only ask that you came into their beautiful offices in Tunbridge Wells a couple of times a week.
If you feel that you could be the right fit, then reach out and apply now!