Finance Director - Insurance Broking
Location: Flexible working a hybrid model. Ideally, candidates should be able to access offices in Portsmouth OR Southampton OR Bristol OR St Ives easily.
Seeking candidates with current or recent experience as a Financial Director or CFO for an Insurance Broker
An opportunity to join one of the UK's largest insurance organisations within Broking as a Finance Director during a period of ongoing growth and transformation reporting directly to the CEO, Board and Group CFO including Investors. Working with a business where employees and customers are always at the core of their values and practices, you will be offered excellent opportunities to develop and progress your career, alongside a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
This role will be responsible for overseeing the financial department including regulation, integrations, due-diligence on acquisitions and the day to day running of the function and all aspects of finance.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Implementing robust financial systems
- Lead the budgeting, forecasting and planning process
- Oversee finance department including team management experience, knowing how to motivate whilst driving performance to meet deadlines
- Support senior teams to create growth strategies and plans
- Forge and develop strong relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally including accountancy advisors and investors
- Advise the CEO and Senior Management Team on all matters relating to financial performance
- Regulatory reporting
- Prepare and sign off all annual accounts
- Control all financial and accountancy matters including month end reports, management accounts, cash flow management, statutory accounts, compliance, presentation of management information and KPIs
- Producing the monthly management accounts including variance analysis, board commentary and updating forecasts
- Financial modelling and planning
- Support the business through change and growth periods, supporting and coordinating corporate finance, debt, taxation, equity and acquisitions, as appropriate
- Involvement in due-diligence of potential future acquisitions from a finance and commercial perspective and the seamless integration of finance teams.
- Ensure the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met
Suitable candidates will have:
- Professional Finance qualification (ACA, ACCA,CIMA)
- Previous experience as an Finance Director or CFO within an Insurance Broker is essential
- Exceptional commercial acumen and business knowledge
- Outstanding communication skills with people at all levels, an ability to influence and advise key stakeholders
- Be accomplished presenting complex financial reporting at board level and to investors
- Strong regulatory understanding and exposure.
- Strong team management and leadership skills