HOUSEHOLD UNDERWRITER - INSURANCE
Our client, a Times Top 30 major UK insurer, is looking for an experienced Household Underwriter to join their Personal Lines Underwriting team. As a Household Underwriter you'll play a critical role in managing the underwriting quality and growing a home insurance portfolio via direct and broker channels. You'll own the household portfolio's financial results and be responsible for its growth plan, using unique insights provided by a state-of-the-art pricing platform.
About our client
They're a leading and expanding motor insurance group who are renowned for their staff reward and recognition and are ranked highly in The Times Top 30 Big Companies to work for. They're a modern and progressive group and pride themselves on their innovative risk modelling, data science and machine learning expertise.
Competitive Salary and benefits package, based on experience
Key tasks will include but not limited to:
- Managing the underwriting quality of the property book, tracking the performance and making timely rating changes, and achieving the target financial results.
- Defining and maintaining sufficient MI to immediately detect emerging trends in claims performance and underwriting quality.
- Maintain the product definitions in-line with underwriting rules, managing risk in-line with our underwriting footprint, regulations and the company risk appetite.
- Liaising with the brokers and Broker Management with regards to their technical performance and leveraging intermediary data to improve performance.
- Interacting with capacity providers and providing regular performance reports.
The ideal candidate:
- Knowledge of the U.K. household insurance market and standard product terms and conditions
- Minimum 3 years' experience in personal property underwriting and portfolio management
- Experience in the technical management of broker relationships
- Experience interacting with technical modelling teams and leveraging statistical model outputs
- Clear and concise communication, with experience dealing with external stakeholders