Join A Large, Growing Insurance Group As A Motor Engineer
About the role:
Join an Engineering Team dealing with all aspects of both Insured and third party inspections. We use Audatex technology to receive and audit estimates prior to authorising repairs to our approved repairer network as well as Customer Nominated Repairers. We also inspect and settle total loss claims. Identify and report any potential fraud or indemnity concerns due to insured risk/peril, roadworthiness, or mechanical failures. Offer support to motor claims and underwriting in resolving technical queries, identification of potential fraud referrals and any identified undeclared vehicle modifications.
The team are based over four sites: Manchester, Chesterfield, Haywards Heath, and Whitstable and are part of the wider GSS team which includes supply chain and support. We provide training toward accredited qualifications working together with Thatcham and the IAEA to progress your career.
Location: Chesterfield, Derbyshire; Haywards Heath, West Sussex; central Manchester or Whitstable, Kent. You must be able to commute typically twice a week to your local office
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Full-time, Permanent role, salary depending on experience
- Day to day processing of Audatex and task based work
- Collaboration with other engineering, totals loss and claims teams.
- Achieve individual and team wide performance objectives in line with targets & objectives, KPI's and SLA's
- Maintain individual knowledge in specialist areas of vehicle technology and construction in line with the group wide requirement of continuous personal development.
- Liaise with external suppliers & internal departments to resolve customer complaints
- Identify and report any fraud or indemnity risk.
- Work in line with the company's vision and values and Customer Charter
Our ideal candidate:
- Excellent understanding of motor vehicle body construction and mechanical, electrical and safety systems
- Ability to self-manage workloads on a day to day basis working in line with targets and objectives and SLA's
- Good spoken and written communication skills.
- Positive and self-confident approach when dealing with customers, colleagues, and suppliers.
- Good working knowledge of Audatex estimating system.
- ATA VDA, AQP or working towards accreditation. IAEA full membership an advantage.