Senior Claims Fraud Handler
What you'll be doing
- Collaborating and building strong relationships with both the Claims and Fraud teams
- Reviewing claims referrals from our in-house FNOL team and third party providers.
- Carrying out initial desktop investigations; deciding whether to retain the claim or pass it back to the in-house claims team
- Monitoring developments and directing the next steps in the handling process to achieve a cost-efficient conclusion with minimal financial impact on the company
- Identifying opportunities to amend our processes, tools or product to faster spot fraud and protect both the company and innocent customers
- Helping junior members of the team with guidance and support
Who you are
- You have strong communication skills and are used to liaising with other teams
- You are organised and can be relied upon to get things done
- You have an investigative mindset with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- You enjoy working in a high growth environment and are adaptable to change
- You make good judgements and can work under pressure
- You are a self-starter who likes to take ownership
- You are tenacious and persistent; knowing when further investigation can lead to positive commercial outcomes
What we're looking for from you
- Familiarity with managing a portfolio of Claims Fraud work from start to finish
- Experience of sending repudiations and decline letters while being confident in actioning any disputes regarding final claim outcome decisions.
- A strong understanding of the different types of Motor Claims Fraud
- Experience in making commercial decisions on what referrals to retain and return
- Any credit hire or litigation experience is desirable
The Claims Fraud Team
We defend Marshmallow against fraudulent activity and help protect the company! Fraudulent claims can result in us losing money, which can drive up the premium prices for all of the other customers. We're here to stop that, making sure Marshmallow remains affordable and accessible for everyone. We're looking for a Senior Fraud Claims Handler to play a key part in making sure that we deliver a top service for our customers.
Working in a startup means that you have to be adaptable and are excited by the prospect of moving fast.
Definitely not a sweet shop.
We're the tech company making insurance more accessible and more affordable for as many people as possible.
We're proud of our journey so far. We've helped hundreds of thousands of customers get fairer cover, all whilst being rated excellent on Trustpilot. But we're just getting started.
Over the next 2 years, we're planning to help even more people by launching products and services across different sectors and countries
If you're looking for a challenge, our next chapter is set to be an exciting one
How we work
We've created a culture of trust which allows us to work autonomously without fear of failure, to challenge decisions, and be heard. It empowers us to drive our own careers and to move at unparalleled speed. And because we're treading new ground, we're all mastering new skills along the way.
Explore our culture handbook to find out more about life at Marshmallow, or read our blog!
Perks of the job
Flexible working: Spend 1 day per fortnight with your team in our new collaborative London office, and own your own working hours. The rest is up to you *If this arrangement doesn't work, don't let it hold you back. We're always open to making reasonable adjustments if this is a barrier to you in any way. Let us know and we'll talk about our options.
Competitive bonus scheme - designed to reward and recognise high performance
Flexible benefits budget - £50 per month to spend on a Ben Mastercard meaning you get your own benefits budget to spend on things you want. Whether that's subscriptions, night classes (puppy yoga, anyone?), the big shop or a forest of houseplants. Pretty much anything goes.
Learning and development - Personal budgets for books and training courses to help you grow in your role. Plus 2 days a year - on us! - to further your skillset
Mental wellbeing support - Access therapy and mental health sessions through Oliva
Private health care - Enjoy all the benefits Vitality has to offer, including reduced gym memberships and discounts on smartwatches
Medical cash plan - To help you with the costs of dental, optical and physio (plus more!)
Tech scheme - Get the latest tech for less ?
Plus all the rest; 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), pension, cycle to work scheme, monthly team socials and company-wide socials every month!
We break it up into 3 stages:
Initial call one of our Talent Acquisition Specialist (30 mins)
A skill-based technical interview where you will discuss your previous experience with 2 members of the team (1 hour)
A culture interview to check that your work style fits our processes and values (1 hour)
We'll let you know if you're invited to an interview or not. But, as a small team with a lot of applications to consider, we can't give individual feedback on each application.
Everyone belongs at Marshmallow
At Marshmallow, we want to hire people from all walks of life with the passion and skills needed to help us achieve our company mission. To do that, we're committed to hiring without judgement, prejudice or bias.
We encourage everyone to apply for our open roles. Gender identity, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or background does not affect how we process job applications.
We're working hard to build an inclusive culture that empowers our people to do their best work, have fun and feel that they belong.
To meet our regulatory obligations as an FCA-authorised financial services company, we need to do some background checks on all new hires.