Senior Events Executive
Central Tunbridge Wells/Peterborough
Must have driving licence and own vehicle
About Our Client
Leading, rapidly expanding, multi-award-winning Group providing superb opportunities to develop and progress your career within a very exciting role.
The Senior Events Executive will be part of the Group Marketing and Communications department and is responsible for providing the team with support in all group and external events ranging from awards dinners, seminars, exhibitions, and parties.
This role will be to proactively assist the Events Team with all areas of administration, processing accounts, and invoices, liaise with clients and assist with event delivery.
This opportunity offers a collaborative and fast-paced environment with opportunity to learn and receive first class training and coaching within a supportive environment.
- To assist in the planning, and execution of a variety of events across the Group.
- Working with the wider Marketing team to ensure all events are on brand and fit the business's needs.
- To gain knowledge of each of the business areas, their customers and market as a whole.
- Help to identify suitable opportunities for events within the business.
- Assist in updating budgets and relevant logs.
- Respond to events enquiries (by phone and email).
- Keep department spreadsheets up to date.
- Assist with communication to events participants, suppliers and external agencies.
- To liaise with events participants, suppliers and external agencies.
- Assist in all pre-event preparation and on the day provide support as required.
- Remain informed of the latest event best practices, new ideas and any additional tools available.
- Data management of contacts.
- Assist in bookings of hotels, travel, event spaces.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in a events role, ideally organised corporate events
- 2-3 plus years events experience
- Previous administration experience
- Ability to juggle several projects at one time
- Have an enthusiastic and positive approach to providing swift and accurate service
- Remain calm and positive under pressure
- A good level of verbal and numerical skills
- IT proficient
What's on offer?
- 33 days annual leave including bank holidays
- 5% pension contribution scheme
- 1 day's paid leave to volunteer per year
- Lifestyle discounts (discounts with over 5,000 shops, restaurants and other retailers)
- Health care cash plan (cash back on everyday healthcare such as dental and optical)
- Life assurance 4 x annual salary
Workplace and working hours:
- Full time permanent role
- Shifts: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm (on occasion will have to work weekend and evenings)
- Location: Kent or Peterborough
- Must be prepared to travel to attend events, or the office locations in the UK, as necessary.
- Flexible working from home and the office set up
- Due to the nature of this role, there will be some instances when additional hours, overnight stays, and/or weekend work will be required.
- Must have driving licence and own vehicle.