Senior Network Operations Engineer - Global Risk Management Org - Perm - Hybrid wCroydon Base
Join one of the world's leading Risk Management and Insurance Broking organisations as a Senior Network Operations Engineer. Working with a business where employees and customers are always at the core of their values and practices, you will be offered excellent opportunities to develop and progress your career, alongside a competitive salary and benefits package.
As a Senior Network Operations Engineer working within a CISCO orientated environment, you will deliver solutions within a large, complex, and challenging environment. You will implement change, carry out upgraded and diagnosis within a busy operation team.
You will be a technical expert as a senior, responding to a range of incidents within the wider IT operations team, with duties that include, but of course are not limited to:
- Technical fault finding and network incident management. Supporting IT colleagues with resolving a mixture of 2nd and 3rd line tickets.
- Provide diagnosis and resolution of network incidents. Ensure resolutions are fit for purpose and implemented in a safe and controlled manner.
- Maintain and ensure high levels of network availability and resilience. Keep CMDB / documentation up to date and accurate.
- Carry out work to the appropriate quality standards whilst deploying and maintaining corporate standards.
TRAVEL - This role will require occasional travel to other UK locations, with some overnight stays.
The Successful Senior Network Operations Engineer
You will be an experienced network operations professional and MUST have your CISCO CCNA certification. In addition, having your CCNP would be highly desirable, and any other relevant certifications are going to be advantageous.
It is imperative that you have a background working for a fast paced, complex organisation, where change is frequent.
Communication skills are key, as is the ability to explain the 'so what' of technical information, to a non-technical audience, as well as the ability to liaise with a range of stakeholders, making suggestions where you see necessary.
Other technical requirements:
- Cisco IOS (R&S) including switch stacks, and Core Switches (such as 6500 series), Networking and IP telephony skills in a complex environment.
- With industry best-practice knowledge for establishing and maintaining firewall security policies, root cause analysis and low-level troubleshooting.
- High level of understanding of Networks and Telephony enough to troubleshoot. Using cross platform diagnosis skills using industry tools and techniques.
- Hands-on experience of : Cisco ASA, Cisco Switches and Routers, Cisco Voice.
- Working with other technical teams and technology specialists, comfortable with copper and fibre cabling and the related troubleshooting areas.
What's on Offer for the successful Senior Network Operations Engineer
Competitive base salary depending on experience, coupled with a good benefits package, bonus, and hybrid working that will see you at home 2 days a week, and in London offices for 3 with occasional UK travel.