Job Title: Senior PR Manager
Location: UK-Kent-Tunbridge Wells or Peterborough Hybrid
£36 - 48 k plus great benefits
Are you passionate about PR? If so, we'd love to meet you!
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced PR Manager to join a fast paced, creative and welcoming team. The candidate should be innovative, proactive, have great attention to detail and be a true team player, who feels comfortable with all aspects of PR, from representing brands at journalist meetings to compiling media lists and writing press copy. The candidate has a real opportunity to make the role their own and work with autonomy on a number of award-winning brands, including a leading supplier of in-vehicle CCTV technology and several insurance brokers.
- Supporting the strategy, planning and execution of B2B and B2C external communication plans to generate online and print coverage. This can include:
- Writing content for advertising activities such as solus emails, advertorials/editorials, thought leadership articles and comments.
- Managing approval processes with the business.
- Drafting press releases and copy to promote and support business activity.
- Ensuring the team is meeting the requirements set out in the plans and adding value.
- Develop creative PR (one-off and campaigns) to support business activity and targets, including product launches, thought leadership articles and profile building.
- Research and evaluate new opportunities.
- Collaborate with the MI team to identify key customer trends as the basis of news releases and campaigns.
- Be 'in the know' regarding the current news agenda and put forward relevant, topical and proactive comment opportunities/angles to create positive media coverage. This can include planned relevant awareness days and news hijacking opportunities.
- Manage and strengthen trade and consumer press relations advantageously with regular touchpoints and meetings with key journalists.
- Develop effective relationships with external partners to ensure consistent messaging.
- Operate an effective day-to-day media relations function including managing incoming media requests and being the main contact for any media complaints.
- Undertake other reasonable responsibilities and projects as instructed by the Head of External Group Communications.
- Where applicable, adhere to Company processes with regard to FCA compliance and Treating Customers Fairly.
- Where applicable, ensure that DPA, FCA, TCF and other regulatory requirements are met.
- Ensure business messages and values are portrayed and consistent in communications including press releases, comments, newsletters, editorials and web content.
- Work with relevant teams to ensure a joined-up approach across all marketing functions.
Key Skills and Knowledge:
- At least seven years of progressively more responsible positions in communications, preferably with an insurance background and with telematics experience.
- Experience in using media monitoring and press distribution platforms, such as Gorkana.
- Bachelors Degree in Communications or a related field required.
- Be an exceptional creative thinker; able to demonstrate being a hands-on communications expert who thrives on the creative process and written word.
- Ability to work flexibly and to tight deadlines when required..
- Strong and effective communicator - written and verbal.
- Demonstrate 100% attention to detail.
- Highly developed teamwork skills, enjoy working closely with other managers and team members within marketing and communications department, and across the group.
- Good knowledge of how a social media strategy can amplify PR activities.
- Familiarity and skill with communications tools including written communications, marketing material, press and social media, and events.
- Ability to tailor communications to different audiences based on each brand.
|· Analytical and Creative Thinking|
· Commercial Focus
· Communication Skills
· Customer Focus
· Decision Making
|· Flexibility and Managing Change|
· Planning and Prioritisation
· Team working
· Results Focus