ADJUSTER (THIRD PARTY DAMAGE ONLY) - PERMANENT - CHELMSFORD
Fantastic opportunity to join a market leading Insurance Underwriter, specialising in Commercial Motor for the UK and Ireland, as an Adjuster (Third Party Damage Only). You will be joining a business where employees and customers are always at the core of their values and practices, where you will be offered excellent opportunities to develop and progress your career, alongside a competitive salary and benefits package.
You will be working in a team focusing on pro-actively managing all aspects of a third-party claim from notification through to conclusion.
Your duties as an Adjuster (Third Party Damage Only) will include:
- Provide excellent claims handling service with minimal leakage, in accordance with company procedures and service standards.
- Ensure that claim reserves, payments and Large Movement Reports are calculated correctly and in accordance with company procedures and service standards.
- Investigate and resolve claims in a professional timely and pro-active manner.
- Manage and exceed customer expectations and prioritise work to resolve any disputes that may arise in the settlement of a claim.
- To create accurate Claims Management System records
- Identify own training needs and to seek appropriate training to meet own performance targets
- To ensure quality, service standards and productivity levels are maintained to a high standard
- To be supportive of change within the claims handling teams
- Where appropriate, attend in house and client review meetings
- To assist with both internal & external auditing
- To undertake projects and to be able to deliver within agreed timescales
- To actively create a supportive and respectful working environment
The Successful Adjuster
- In depth knowledge of the Road Traffic Act
- Solid understanding of Small and Multi track litigation process.
- Capable of investigating and negotiating liability disputes
- Capable of negotiation credit hire and property damage claims
- Understanding of the Motor Insurers Bureau
- Awareness of fraud tactics (identification, validation, and handling)
- Capable of managing multiple work streams and working within time scales and directed by the Court or line manager
- Identify claims with the potential for financial deterioration
- Where required to act as a referral point for more inexperienced members of the department
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organises own work effectively with a positive attitude
12 months or more