Business Development Manager
An award-winning commercial underwriting company is currently seeking a Business Development Manager to join their growing team.
The company has grown significantly over the last few years and now writes in excess of £120 million gross premium in the UK & Ireland.
A unique opportunity has arisen for a Business Development Manager to join this well-established company at an exciting time of growth! They will support you in your professional development and can offer continuous development and progression opportunities.
Their vision is to grow a great company with great people. They are looking for talented, friendly and driven individuals to continue, evolve and grow this successful approach.
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Experienced Business Development Manager (working within the insurance industry)
- Current insurance broker/account executive looking to do something different
- Experience working for an insurer in motor fleet
You will be required to manage the business relationships with their customers (insurance brokers, broker networks and other MGA's) creating long-term partnerships and relationships that drive policy sales growth and expand their product portfolio.
Main duties include:
- Managing your work flow for email, diaries, telephone calls on a day to day basis.
- Providing brokers with a professional, efficient and compliant service, meeting their demands and needs (including new business, renewal, account and MTA issues) with the support of relevant departments.
- Conducting at least 8 broker visits per week and a further 10 development video/calls to promote company products and in addition drop-ins.
- Ensuring that regional and branch managers for any National broker in your area are contacted and met with on a regular basis and not less than every 6 months.
- Social Media - attempt to Linkedin with the people you meet and all others you can identify as working for a broker
- Working with and supporting the New Business Department to secure new business Dialogue with existing and new brokers.
- Produce daily reports to the Head of Agency in respect of brokers visited or development calls made on that day.
- Working to ensure that the business is seeing increasing enquiry numbers from the brokers in your region and encourage brokers to remember to consider the company on all appropriate fleet marketing.
- Ensure you represent the business in a professional manner and dress appropriately enhancing reputation and maximize networking opportunities.
You will cover the regions of: Bristol, Bath, Dorchester, Salisbury, Bournemouth, Taunton, Swindon
What's on offer:
- Competitive basic salary of £30,000 - £40,000 (dependent on experience)
- Great bonus structure
- Friendly and welcoming team