Due to exponential growth, there is now an opportunity and a requirement for a carpenter to join a very well-known property management company based in Tunbridge Wells.
The Carpenter will work alongside other members of the carpentry team in the day to day and project work to include all aspects of carpentry maintenance and refurbishment projects of occupied and tenanted properties. The Carpenter is responsible for installations, maintenance, and repair, equipment, and fixtures. Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes.
- Prepare the layout of the project, estimate height, width, length, and other proportions.
- Select materials, work with blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
- Work with all aspects of carpentry materials.
- Capable of using various power tools.
- Check work along the way to ensure it's up to standard and specifications.
- Use levels, rules, plumb bobs, framing squares, and surveying equipment to ensure everything is level and secure.
- Replace panes of glass, ceiling tiles, and doors.
- Install partitions, doors - locks and furniture. Windows, architrave, skirting etc
- Experienced Carpenter
- Certificates up to date
- Full Clean UK driving license
- H & S knowledge relating to job role
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to deal with high work volumes and prioritise accordingly
- Practical and can-do approach and professional when communicating
- Excellent time management and ability to multitask
- Good work ethic with an energetic approach with flexibility and commitment
Perks of the Role;
- Fantastic starting salary-£25,000-35,000 (Experience-dependent)
- Monday-Friday only 7am-3.30pm
- Free parking on site
- Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Company Funded Healthshield Cash plan
- 22 days of holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Life Assurance (x4 salary)