CLOUD SECURITY LEAD - PERM - MAJOR UK INSURER - REMOTE WITH OFFICES NATIONALLY
Amazing opportunity to join one of the most popular names in the UK insurance sector as a Cloud Security Lead, working with cutting edge technology across a number of household names brands in a 10k+ user, enterprise scale organisation. You will be joining a business where employees and customers are always at the core of their values and practices, where you will be offered excellent opportunities to develop and progress your career, alongside a competitive salary and benefits package.
Working within a modern, scaled Agile framework within an enterprise scale insurance organisation, you will be the Cloud Security Expertise lead, working collaboratively with the wider domain of security technologists, and business itself to define and deliver best in class cloud security standards, as well as identifying and implementing opportunities for innovation.
You will design and safeguard cloud security standards, providing expertise and guidance to the business and risk management arena, with a focus on continuous improvement, operational resilience, innovation, and generating value to the business through you work
Your duties as a Cloud Security Lead will include but not be limited to the following:
- Be instrumental in leading threat modelling discussions and working across areas to implement this as part of the SDLC to ensure inherently secure systems.
- Continually look to expand knowledge into new technology areas and deepen your knowledge in at least one technology and security specialism; e.g mobile, cloud, networking, big data platforms
- Be the go-to person for resolving complex business and technical problems.
- Work collaboratively to determine strategy, security design decisions and resourcing.
- Collaborate with the aligned stakeholders/teams on major security decisions that will impact the domain.
- Champion Secure by design and embed forward thinking into the Tribes, to support the development of security awareness and promote innovation.
- Support the wider centre of excellent within security and have end to end responsibility for security deliverables and direction, including governance, capacity management and portfolio.
- Represent Security on Design Authorities, ensuring consistency across the business.
The Successful Cloud Security Lead
The successful candidate MUST have a strong cloud security background working within an enterprise scale environment for a large, complex organisation, ideally in the financial services arena.
You will have worked within a lead capacity, with a strong understanding of operational resilience, and how cloud security impacts wide security deliverables.
Working innovatively and looking at emerging technology and cloud trends is essential, as is the desire to continuously improve and expand your knowledge.
As well as a solid technical prowess, you must also be strategic, and able to make decisions that will impact on key business and technology strategic outcomes.
It is imperative that you are first class communicator who is able to influence, and collaborate with a range of stakeholders, as well as translate a range of security concepts to both technical, and non-technical audiences.
Experience working within a scaled Agile environment would be highly advantageous, as would a background with AWS.
What's on offer for the successful Cloud Security Lead
Competitive base salary depending on experience, coupled with a fantastic benefits package, bonus, and a superb degree flexible working following. The remote can be remote with occasional travel to South East offices.