£35,000 - £45,000 + Excellent Benefits
Hybrid Working (2 days in/3 days from home) - Offices at Wembley Stadium
FTC - 14 Months - Immediate Start
Gerrard White are working with a leading charity in delivering outstanding grassroots football facilities to clubs and communities across the UK.
They are looking for a CMS Developer to join their technology team where you will lead on the high-level design and development of the application portal to ensure the best application process and experience for all our users. The Developer will also work with their partners who manage our websites and applications to ensure the design and architecture meet the ongoing needs of the organisation. The post-holder will also be responsible for reviewing, supporting, and improving/replacing the existing legacy web applications in conjunction with the Solutions Architect.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Developer who has strong experience in CMS Development and is looking to take a key role within a sport-focussed organisation and enjoys developing the skills within an organisation following the implementation of and improvements to technology solutions.
What you'll be doing
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders and internal/external development teams to review business requirements, design web solutions and improve user experience.
- Review of information in design documents and backlog tickets to assess complexity, scale and formulate the necessary design required for delivery with the development team during our sprint cycles.
- Work alongside and represent the organisation with external development partners managing their websites and applications to ensure any external development meets the aims and objectives of the organisation.
- Support the Project Manager to manage tasks, processes, or work packages to ensure the achievement of project deliverables.
- Supporting the Project Manager and development team in resource planning, capacity planning, task/story creation, refinement, and effort/story-pointing.
- Facilitating, and contributing to, meetings/workshops to prioritise and schedule task/story delivery.
- Support the quality assurance process by establishing key acceptance criteria and delivering change through to user acceptance testing and feedback.
- Suggesting improvements for, and outlining the benefits of, enhancements in our development/production processes and implementation of a repeatable framework to simplify ongoing development.
- Manage all the maintenance activities required with our websites and applications, including site security, certificates, upgrades, and patches.
- Regularly reporting progress with the development team and stakeholders, including raising risks, issues and other noteworthy project items in a timely manner and supporting in resolution.
- Ensure that web development benefits are understood and realised at all levels.
- Ensure that all information collected, utilised, and disseminated by the organisation via its systems is done according to all legislative and regulatory requirements (i.e., Data Protection Act, EU General Data Protection Regulation).
What we are looking for
Knowledge and Experience
- Understanding of CMS tools (Essential), including Sitefinity (Desirable)
- Extensive experience with the end-to-end software delivery cycle (Essential)
- Familiarity with browser compatibility issues, extensions, and plug-ins (Essential)
- Knowledge of development tools such as Visual Studio (Essential)
- Experience of UX/UI design and user experience best practices (Essential)
- Knowledge of developing and using APIs to GET and POST data (Essential)
- Evidence of collaboratively working within Agile / Scrum teams, and experience in influencing and co-ordinating external suppliers to meet delivery commitments (Essential)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365, PowerApps and plug-in technologies such as The Portal Connector (Desirable)
- Knowledge of JIRA for tasks/ticket management (Desirable)
- Experience with maximising web performance, accessibility and SEO considerations and techniques (Essential)
In return you will get a competitive salary alongside an outstanding benefits package that includes -
- 8% employers' contribution (6% employee)
- Private Medical - Personal - AXA Group
- Health Cash Plan (optical, physio, dental)
- £30 gym subsidy
- Discretionary bonus
- Free Wembley match tickets - England, FA Cup (Semi/Final), League Cup, Charity Shield
- 25 days holiday