Commercial Property Legal Secretary
A highly respected, accredited firm with a long-established pedigree are currently seeking a Legal Secretary to join their Commercial Property department. This position will be full-time and based in Maidstone.
The successful candidate will have previous Property experience, ideally within Commercial Property and will be responsible for duties such as (but not limited to):
- Preparation of correspondence and documents from precedents, audio (digital) dictation and manuscript.
- Completion of standard forms without fee earner assistance and production of standard letters without dictation.
- Review incoming mail when the fee earners are absent from the office.
- Deal with general telephone enquiries and resolve specific enquiries.
- In absence of fee earners to attend clients to arrange appointments, take messages, receive, and deliver documents, arrange for the signing of documents, take detailed instructions and action where appropriate.
- Maintain diary and appointments, arranging meetings as required.
- Open and close files on our Case Management system.
- Costing and preparation of bills for approval by Head of Department/Fee Earners, and generally organise month end billing across the team.
- General assistance with file and document management.
The successful candidate will offer the following skill set/background:
- Previous secretarial experience within Residential/Commercial Property is essential.
- Excellent IT Skills with experience in Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Case Management systems.
- Excellent secretarial skills including fast and accurate audio and copy typing.
- Effective administration communication and team working skills.
The successful Legal Secretary will be greeted with a great salary and benefits package. You will join a friendly team who encourages development and carry out high quality, varied work.
Salary: £22,000 - £24,000