COMPLIANCE ADVISOR - INSURANCE
Our client, a Times Top 30 major UK insurer, is looking for an insurance compliance specialist to join and support the Head of Compliance for their Broking Division. We're looking for someone who has their finger on the pulse of the FCA's regulations and standards, and is aware of those also laid down by other insurance regulators. Using your industry knowledge you'll mitigate regulatory or conduct risks, help ensure the business meets regulatory requirements and help deliver the Annual Compliance Plan.
About our client
They're a leading and expanding motor insurance group who are renowned for their staff reward and recognition and are ranked highly in The Times Top 30 Big Companies to work for. They're at a very exciting time in their growth plan - they've been expanding for many years and won't be stopping any time soon, so you'd be joining at a very exciting time.
Competitive Salary and benefits package, based on experience
Salary: £35,000 - £50,000 + benefits, based on experience
Hours: Monday to Friday
Location: Hybrid working, with an office base (typically twice a week) at one of the following locations: Manchester, Bristol, Portsmouth, Southampton, Nottingham, or St. Ives, Cambridgeshire.
Key tasks will include but not limited to:
- To help ensure the Division complies with FCA and all other relevant regulation
- Provide clear advice and guidance to business areas on a wide range of compliance issues.
- Identify, highlight and where appropriate help manage and mitigate any regulatory or conduct risks present or arising within the Division
- Work with management and staff to ensure that the business implements and maintains suitable systems and controls to meet regulatory requirements
- Assist with the delivery of the Annual Compliance Plan.
- Maintain an excellent knowledge of relevant rules and requirements, and how these apply to the Division
- Undertake horizon scanning activity, considering the impact of regulatory developments on the Division and, as required, assist with Regulatory Change projects and activity
- Assist with investigations into complaints, incidents and rule breaches.
- Review financial promotions, scripting and other customer facing documentation for compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Assist with external assurance reviews as required.
- Attend, and provide challenge and input into key governance meetings at a local level across the Division
- As required, to liaise with clients and affinity partners in relation to compliance matters
- To undertake other reasonable responsibilities and projects as instructed by the Head of Compliance.
- Adhere to and Role Model adherence to all Group processes with regard to FCA (and other regulators') compliance.
The ideal candidate:
- Previous experience working in financial services industry in a Compliance based role.
- Excellent knowledge of FCA and other Regulations relevant to a General Insurance Business.
- Ability to translate complex rules and requirements into clear, concise and pragmatic advice and guidance for business areas
- Ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with key stakeholders at varying levels of seniority
- Good problem solving, analytical and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise work according to Regulatory risk
- Commercial awareness and the good judgement to apply a pragmatic approach,
- Insurance industry knowledge, preferably pet, motor or home.
- Education to degree level or equivalent ICA Diploma or studying towards