Insurance Intervention Handler
Salary: £22,000 + Up to £8,000 in OTE bonuses
Location: Central Manchester. Hybrid working with 2 days in the office, 3 from home once trained
We're one of the UK's largest managing general agent, supporting over 1,000 broker partners and more than 3 million policyholders with a wide variety of insurance products. As a Group we have recently become one of the UK's largest motor insurance providers and have an impressive portfolio of businesses. There are very exciting growth and acquisition plans for us moving forward so watch this space!
As an intervention sales handler, you will handle Third Party Motor Claims where our Insured has been identified as at fault following a motor accident. Using the companies Intervention processes to capture, and therefore contributing to the control of overall Claims spend through minimising third party hire and repair costs.
- Identify claims suitable for pro-active Third Party capture.
- Contacting all potential claimants, explaining and offer our services in order to aid their claims experience.
- Ensure TP intervention claims are proactively managed.
- Control leakage by minimising the "key to key" time of third party claims.
- Utilise services of company Intervention supplier network wherever possible on appropriate claims.
- Maintain accurate reserves on claims at all times.
- Proactively manage personal training and development requirements and support others personal development as appropriate.
- Ensure fraudulent claims are identified and appropriately referred.
- Ensure potential large loss claims are identified and appropriately referred.
- Ensure claims with the potential for ongoing loss are identified and appropriately actioned/ referred.
What we are looking for
- Experience of working in a telephone sales environment, ideally within motor insurance.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Negotiation and influencing skills.
- Contribute towards a motivated and driven environment, proactive with an enthusiastic approach.
- Good time management and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise work.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to adopt a logical approach to resolution.
- Strong customer service/sales skills.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Computer literate.
The desirable Candidate
- Awareness of Intervention processes, Credit Hire principals and benefits.
- Awareness of motor fraud indicators.
- Understanding of basic liability principles and apportionment.
- Understanding of the progression of insurance claims and claims functions.
- Working knowledge of claims validation procedure.
- 9-5 Full time in the office whilst in training. Once trained, hours shifted 8am-8pm including weekends. Hybrid working available.
- Shift basis pattern working, to be agreed with your line manager that covers the business hours operation, to include evening, weekends and bank holidays.
What benefits are there?
33 days holiday (inc Bank Holidays) with the ability to buy and sell more days. 5% contributary pension scheme, health and wellbeing support, life assurance, a portal full of individual benefits including retail discounts, memberships, discounted restaurants, cinema tickets and much more!
If you feel you have the right experience and enthusiam, please apply today!