Hybrid Flexible Working, 1 day per week in Peterborough, rest from home
We are currently looking for a Data Engineer to join a large insurance group within the Data Solutions Team.
The team provide value by harvesting the organisation's data, transforming, and presenting it to the business in a way that fundamentally influences our success - optimising services, informing commercial decisions, and of course supporting great customer service.
The organisation is embarking on a period of unprecedented change, meaning technology transformation is on the agenda. They will be exploring and implementing a new data strategy, looking at a journey to cloud and developing a new data warehouse.
This is a great springboard opportunity for you to develop your career in Data. Azure experience is advantageous but this role also offers an opportunity to gain experience and training on Azure.
Suitable candidates will have:
- Intermediate industry experience of Data Warehousing
- Intermediate SQL Database Administration skills
- Microsoft Azure and a good working knowledge of Data Factory beneficial
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server architecture
- Working knowledge of OLAP processes
- Working knowledge of Reporting tools
- Intermediate experience of ETL principles
- Experience of relational database design principles
- Ability to effectively coach other team members
- Knowledge of agile development practices
- Good knowledge of the principles and implementation of normalisation
- Understanding of "test first" approach
- An understanding of XML and JSON structures
- Experience of working with external APIs
- Experience of source control in GIT