Divisional Head of IT : Retail Division : Insurance Group
Hybrid Working between remote and Peterborough
Suitable candidates must be located within an easily commutable distance from Peterborough as this role will be c.2 days in the office and the rest remotely.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Divisional Head of IT to work within the Retail Division of a large insurance group, leading technology teams and services aligned to the strategic objectives of the Retail Division.
You will be responsible for shaping solutions for a growing distribution business, utilising technology asset across the wider Group structures including technology solution, application development, technology delivery, platform performance and security.
The breadth and complexity of the services being delivered requires a clearly commercial focus on outcomes, the ability to manage a large delivery capability directly and ensure that specialist group services such as Cyber, Architecture and Technical operations are delivered effectively to meet the needs of the Retail division.
This will include:
- Aligning IT solutions and services to strategy, supporting a growing customer base more than 3 million, 15+ brands and 1800 end users.
- Build effective partnerships with the business leaders and stakeholders.
- Shape innovative solutions, grow the business through effective software application development, ensure that the teams are working efficiently and effectively to optimise the use of delivery.
- To lead the implementation of specific IT/Business change initiatives as required, including selection of Retail specific software aligned to the overall IT strategy
- Understanding the business outcomes required and translating to ensure solutions are delivered for existing and new partner brands
Suitable candidates will have:
- Proven track record of leading business or commercial change with a strong understanding of IT management ideally within a financial services, insurance or other highly regulated environment.
- Experience of engaging at all levels of the business and translating business needs into IT solutions.
- Strong and confident communication skills with a focus on being professional with both internal and external stakeholders
- Leadership of teams with a broad set of skills, setting vision, direction and standards for the team's delivery services for the Retail Division
- Experienced across Agile ways of working, focused on releasing value quickly
- Analytical and logical approach to problem solving with excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to calmly operate in fast paced environment
- Highly organised, motivated, results driven, self-managed and able to prioritise your own workload
- Excellent at report preparation and summarising management information.
- Suitable candidates will also be required to travel to various office nationwide.