Due to exponential growth, there is now an opportunity, and a requirement for a Facilities Manager to join an extremely reputable commercial and residential property management company in Tunbridge Wells.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Deputise for the Head of Facilities Management
- Manage a small property portfolio in the Tunbridge Wells, Kent and London region
- Manage four Regional Facilities Managers (RFMs)
- Responsible for the Service Charge Budget process from the FM department perspective and, manage and monitor the RFM team to ensure they meet Service Charge processes
- Ensuring the company strategy through property maintenance, internal governance, and adherence to legislation at all times.
- Managing relationships with regional contractors/internal maintenance team for both planned preventative maintenance and reactive tasks from the initial tendering process and contracting, to ongoing performance management and benchmarking.
- Point of escalation for issues raised by the RFMs
- Liaising regularly with tenants and ensuring any issues raised are resolved in a timely manner. Also, to support the RFMs with this function
- Managing repairs and ordering systems, following our operating and finance procedures.
- Monitoring and ensuring regional compliance with statutory safety regulations.
- Carrying out regular, thorough property inspections to monitor the condition and upkeep of our existing portfolio.
- Managing maintenance reporting, as well as ordering and invoicing procedures.
- Controlling regional maintenance costs and budget planning relating to your allocated portfolio of properties.
- Supporting Head of FM and IPM Executive team with Business Development
- Look for cost efficiencies with streamlining service provision
- Manage and maintain the relationship with all IPM and Markerstudy service partners
- SWOT analysis on current service provision and recommend accordingly to IPM Management
- Minimum 5 years in Facilities or Property Management
- IOSH Managing Safety accreditation or equivalent
- Experience of leading and managing a team
- Project Management experience
- Management Experience
- Experienced negotiator
- IT literate with knowledge of standard CAFM (Computer Aided Facilities Management) Systems
- Passionate about delivering excellent customer service
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Previous project management or property management experience.
- A professional and refined negotiator with sound commercial acumen and judgment.
- Motivated and results driven.
- Highly organised with a pragmatic and analytical approach and an eye for detail.
- A team player who is capable of performing tasks independently and to their own initiative
- A strong multi-tasker with the ability to prioritise conflicting deadlines.
- An excellent communicator who can communicate confidently with people at all levels of the business.
- Experience of leading and managing a team.
- Team management providing one-to-ones ensuring that RFMs are performing in line with SOPs
- Liaise with team members regarding their personal development.
- PC literate with strong Microsoft Office skills.
What are the working hours?
8.30am - 5.00pm
Perks of the role:
- Free parking on site
- Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Company Funded Healthshield Cashplan
- 22 days holiday
- Life Assurance (x4 salary)