Job Title: TP Claims Handler, TPPD, PI, SJT, Non protocol
Location:UK-Manchester, Tunbridge Wells, Chelmsford, Whitstable Hybrid - 1 day pw in the office
£20 - 30k salary DOE plus great benefits
We are recruiting for several Motor Claims Handler to join our in-house Team
The successful candidates can demonstrate a track record of proactively managing a caseload of Third Party Motor Claims
You will be responsible for handling a portfolio of motor claims from initial report through to conclusion. The goal is to swiftly determine liability and pro-actively handle the relevant element of the claim to ensure the claim is settled effectively.
Performance is measured against several Key Performance Indictors with regular reviews. There is an opportunity to be rewarded with an annual bonus. We offer a blend of home and office working with a pattern of 1 day in the office per week (once probation passed)
- Managing claims caseload in accordance with the Markerstudy claims philosophy, claims handling procedures and service levels.
- Adhering to agreed personal authority limits, referring to line manager for authorisation where activity exceeds such limits.
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements (including "treating customers fairly" principles).
- Responding promptly and pro-actively to incoming telephone calls and correspondence by use of telephone, e-mail and letter.
- Controlling claim cost by achieving most economical settlement, through pro active use of the telephone making outbound calls, good use of liability and quantum arguments and effective negotiation.
- Maintaining good file discipline and accurate reserves, together with an effective diary system which ensures that cases are reviewed on a regular basis.
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with colleagues and business partners.
- Pro-actively managing personal training and development requirements.
- Undertaking general claims tasks, as required.
- Where applicable, to adhere to Company processes with regard to FCA compliance and Treating Customers Fairly
- Where applicable, to ensure that DPA, FCA, TCF and other regulatory requirements are met.
· Working knowledge of Motor claims handling to include Indemnity, Liability, Third Party risks and other associated heads of claim
· Excellent Telephony skills, with pro-active use of the telephone
· Ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements
· Demonstrate an understanding and application of claims negotiation, liability decision making and cost potential
· Strong customer service and communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workloads
- Willingness to develop self and new skills
- Ability to work with flexibility in a proactive claims environment
- Good market knowledge
- Good commercial awareness