Join our fast-growing, dynamic business as an IT Governance Manager
As our IT Governance Manager you'll provide oversight for the IT department in areas such as performance management, reporting, policy compliance, portfolio management and benefits realisation.
Location: Chesterfield, Derbyshire (typically once or twice a week in the office and the rest working from home)
Competitive Salary and benefits package, based on experience
The IT Governance Manager will be responsible for:
- To design, implement and manage effective technology governance controls, using frameworks and standards such as ITIL and COBIT, to ensure that our technology provides a well-managed and fit for purpose service.
- Working with our IT Security Team and the wider Business Assurance Team to ensure compliance with all statutory, regulatory and company obligations are maintained from a technology perspective.
- Performance & Reporting
- Produce Performance Reporting cross the spectrum of IT, from Operational to Board level
- Collating departmental reports to produce a variety of reporting packs, including board level material
- Portfolio Management
- Working across the department, create and maintain a portfolio view, including backlog, of all non-Business as Usual activities, running through the IT pipeline.
- Establishing and reviewing relevant portfolio performance metrics, including evaluation of business change.
- Ensuring transition from project to Business as Usual has been planned and carried out within the IT team and the wider business.
- Carry out benefits realization in relation to the IT project portfolio.
- Experience working in a regulated industry, ideally the financial services sector.
- Experience of managing IT governance particularly through ITIL and COBIT standards and frameworks.
- Ability to build strong relationships with key M-Powered team members to ensure cross-departmental compliance with established processes and procedures.
- Good technological understanding of IT operations, and ability to work with Technical & Support teams, Project Managers and third parties to develop and enhance operational processes and procedures.
- Experience of building and initiating processes.
Key Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with senior management within the department and wider business.
- Logical and methodical approach with good attention to detail.
- Able to work effectively on many different tasks at the same time.
- A Self-starter with a proactive mindset and strong stakeholder management skills.
- Output focused, and able to work under pressure, to tight deadlines, across multiple activities
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Adhere to FCA, TCF and Data Protection Regulations.