IT PEOPLE AND TALENT MANAGER - INSURANCE
Our client, a Times Top 30 major UK insurer, is looking for an IT People and Talent Manager to join their growing and diverse IT team. A key member of the IT team, you'll be integral to attracting and retaining talent while working alongside the Group Talent Acquisition function. You'll also work closely with the People team, with a key focus on recruitment, induction and employee engagement - including organising and managing the team's social events!
If you're experienced in recruitment or talent development and have great interpersonal skills, apply today!
About our client
They're a leading and expanding motor insurance group who are renowned for their staff reward and recognition and are ranked highly in The Times Top 30 Big Companies to work for. They're a modern and progressive group and pride themselves on their innovative IT software and dynamic and agile way of working.
Competitive Salary and benefits package, based on experience
Location: you must be able to commute to our client's site in Tunbridge Wells, Kent or Chesterfield, Derbyshire at least twice a week
Key tasks will include but not limited to:
- Working with our Group Talent Acquisition team and using innovative approaches to attract and retain the best talent, you will own our IT recruitment processes.
- Updating and owning our onboarding process, working with line managers across the team to ensure the best possible start to life with our client. From induction plans to sharing our culture, you will have a detailed mindset to ensure that every moment feels great and that everyone's experiences from the moment they interact with us as a business, through the interview process, onboarding and beyond, is incredible.
- Working closely with our People team, you will help implement our People Strategy, encompassing attraction, recruitment, induction, engagement, reward, recognition, cultural development, and talent development.
- Ensuring we are doing all we can to be an employer of choice and standing out from the crowd, including liaising with our digital marketing team in relation to social media presence.
- Create and distribute internal comms including newsletters, department updates and online departmental content, using their fantastic brand
- Acting as the department representative and working on exciting initiatives such as our group wide ESG programme.
- Be the head of fun! Organisation and management of all social events, both in the office and out.
The ideal candidate:
Words like Confident, Passionate, Pro-active and focused with a Strong work ethic, should be words your colleagues use to describe you. On top of this we are looking for:
- Experience in Talent management/recruitment
- Personal organisation and excellent time management skills
- Awesome written, verbal and presentation communications
- Great working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Influencing and coaching skills
- Interpersonal skills (face to face and on the telephone)
- Good problem-solving skills with a real attention to detail
- Knowledge of the Insurance sector ideal, but not essential