We are looking for a confident Large Loss Motor Insurance Claims Handler, dealing with high value claims across multiple disciplines including Personal Injury, Credit Hire and Costs
What we're looking for from you
- Proven experience in catastrophic or multi-track / high value and complex Motor Claims handling and exposure to claims valued in excess of £50k in multiple disciplines (Credit Hire, Personal Injury and Costs)
- Experience of indemnity, liability, causation and complex medical issues
- Comprehensive understanding of Large Loss claim handling processes/procedures, CPR, PPO, MIB Tech disputes gained from previous experience
- Good judgement, the ability to process data quickly and to make commercial and risk-based decisions with claims authorities
- Curiosity, strong investigative and negotiation skills
- Good working knowledge of relevant industry statutes and regulations
- Awareness and compliance with regulatory and legislative requirements
- Attention to detail, allowing you to notice and monitor trends, patterns, and frequent observations in results
- Problem-solving and analytical capabilities to create meaningful strategies to improve the large loss support
- The ability to manage complex partnering relationship and stakeholders
- The ability to drive excellent teamwork and collaborate within and across teams to achieve shared company objectives and values
- A desire to help establish Marshmallow as one of the best in the industry
- Ability to share feedback in a constructive yet polite and appropriate manner
The Large Loss Team
Our Large Loss Specialists manage a portfolio of some of our highest value and complex large loss claims. The team deals with claims involving complex injuries, consisting in brain ,spinal cord, psychiatric, fractures, nerve damage, pain cases amongst others. They are relied on to provide technical advice and some guidance to improve claims handling capability, control and consistency in the claim team and wider claims functions, ensuring that we always deliver fair outcomes and excellent claims service.
What you'll be doing?
- Handling a portfolio of complex and high value Motor Claims in a proactive and collaborative manner. The work includes pre and post litigation cases valued up to £250k
- Investigating and resolving claims to provide excellent claims handling service with minimal leakages
- Managing claim disputes and other material claims issues to resolve and settling claims in a timely manner and on economic basis
- Identifying and investigating coverage issues to ensure that our liability is in line with its contractual commitments
- Maintaining good knowledge of the claims portfolio and providing info to other stakeholders on request, to ensure the effective monitoring of claims to support Claims, Underwriting and Pricing decisions
- Reserving accurately and in line with the evidence presented to ensure our liability is always clear
- Acting within set handling authorities as defined by the Large Loss Handling Procedure
- Working with our Panel Solicitors utilising a strategic case management approach to resolve claims economically and in a timely manner, to drive down the lifecycle of a claim and keep the legal costs down
- Identifying subrogation, contribution and other recovery issues and ensure they are being pursued by the relevant team with success
- Ensuring that estimates, billings, and offers are calculated correctly, and that fees and advice are responded within agreed timeframes to ensure that good service is provided
- Working closely with our Senior Motor Claims Large Loss Handler and Claims Team Leads to contribute to our Large Loss strategy and roadmap
- Keeping up to date with good claims practice and market movements
As this is a new role, responsibilities may shift and develop in time.
Who you are
- You are empathetic and understand what it means to go the extra mile to offer the best service possible
- Working in a start-up means that you have to be adaptable and excited by the prospect of moving fast
- You enjoy proactively finding solutions to problems you come across and improving processes rather than waiting on others to do so
- You enjoy taking complex issues and explaining them in an easy and understandable way
- You're selfless. You enjoy pulling together as a team and supporting your teammates
- You're excited about working in a company that really focuses on and believes in the importance of feedback
Perks of the job
- Flexible working - Spend 1 day per month with your team in our new collaborative London office, and own your own working hours. The rest is up to you.
- Competitive bonus scheme - designed to reward and recognise high performance
- Flexible benefits budget - £50 per month to spend on a Ben Mastercard meaning you get your own benefits budget to spend on things you want.
- Mental wellbeing support - Access therapy and mental health sessions through Oliva
- Learning and development - Personal budgets for books and training courses to help you grow in your role. Plus 2 days a year - on us! - to further your skillset
- Private health care - Enjoy all the benefits Vitality has to offer
- Medical cash plan - To help you with the costs of dental, optical and physio (plus more!)
- Tech scheme - Get the latest tech for less
- Sabbatical Leave - Get a 4-week fully paid sabbatical after being with us for 4 years
- Work From Anywhere - 4 weeks work form anywhere to use, with no need to come to the office
Plus all the rest; 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), pension, cycle to work scheme, monthly team socials and company-wide socials every month!
Working in a start-up means that you have to be adaptable and excited by the prospect of moving fast. This is an opportunity to collaborate with various internal and external stakeholders to set us up for success. Building strong working relationships is important, to ensure that together with our partners we deliver excellent customer service.