Public Cloud Architect
Full Time - Permanent
Gerrard White are working with a leading cloud services provider who offer an integrated suite of managed services, from cloud optimisation and application modernisation to networking and self-serve tools to support a range of businesses from SMEs to multi-national corporations.
We are looking for a lead technical architect who will work with clients on application design to drive cloud deployment. The Public Cloud Architect will be busy getting up to speed with existing customers and also building relationships within the team and wider community, so if you are looking for a challenge, this may well be it!
The role requires close collaboration with our DevOps teams, also working with sales teams, and designing solutions based on functional and non-functional requirements.
We are looking for someone that can become a trusted adviser to the customers, always looking for better ways of optimising and securing their environments. The Public Cloud Architect will be working on cutting edge cloud solutions with our large blue-chip customer base, the role provides plenty of scope for development and career progression.
· Look after our customer workloads, whilst designing solutions based on functional and non-functional requirements
· Daily involvement with AWS or Azure. Specifically, analysis, architecture, and design of AWS and Azure environments
· Lead technical architecture application design discussions
· Document solutions and designs for working in a collaborative manner
· Clear communication of design decisions to other architects and infrastructure engineers
· Ability to create designs with hybrid cloud, cloud migrations, application modernisation, application development and integration services
What we are looking for:
· Demonstrable experience in the delivery of enterprise scale projects
· Deep technical experience in cloud design, build and deployment, including private and public cloud, security, networking, connectivity, storage and IAM
· The capability to complete well architected reviews on customer environments and raising risks within the solution, with the aim to mitigate them.
· Experience in customer-facing roles
· Possess or willingness to pass professional AWS certification
· Good understanding of DevOps concepts
· Delivery focused, with the ability to drive tasks forward and meet demanding deadlines
· Experience working in hybrid cloud environments
· Ability to design solutions that use Enterprise level resources
· Good understanding of DevOps concepts and aware of CI/CD
· Design of hybrid environments to span existing customer networks and AWS and Azure
· Previously held SC or BPSS
· Willing to pass a professional certification on Azure or AWS within a year.