Are you an immediately available Senior Finance Assistant/ Accountant seeking a varied role?
Are you confident on both Sales and Purchase ledger and can take ownership of full month end?
Would you like to spend 6 months working for a market leading company and assist their finance team as they embark on a project to bring their US finance processes in-house?
I am seeking an experienced Finance Assistant/ Accountant to work on a contract basis for an award-winning UK based operating within a niche market. The Finance Assistant will be responsible for month-end for a 6month period to allow key finance team members to work on an exciting project to bring the finance function of their US subsidiary in-house.
Senior Finance Assistant/ Accountant Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for month end nominal account and inter-company reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of statutory accounts
- Assist the finance manager with VAT returns
- Manage purchase ledger assistant ensuring all invoices are appropriately checked, matched to POs, payments processed appropriately, supplier statement reconciliations
- Manage sales ledger and credit control
Due to the transitional period this business is open to considering taking the right person onto a permanent contract in the future.
The perfect Finance Assistant/ Accountant for this role:
- Available immediately for a MINIMUM of 6 months
- Sales/Purchase ledger proven experience
- Strong reconciliation experience
- AAT qualified / part qualified or qualified (CIMA, ACCA, etc)
- Great attention to detail - reconciling day to day numbers, raising questions where abnormalities occur.
- Problem Solving abilities - we have recently moved on to a new system and there are all kinds of challenges that will require someone to think outside the box to resolve challenges.
- Hybrid working- 2 days in Tunbridge Wells office with free parking and rest from home
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays (pro rata due to length of contract)
- Discount lifestyle benefits
- Virtual GP service
- Healthcare cash plan
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. Inclusive by instinct, we encourage our people to create and share ideas - supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and stand firmly against discrimination of any kind.
We look forward to reviewing your application!