Senior Java Developer - Perm - Remote w/1 day a week in Reading Offices
Gerrard White is currently working with a cutting-edge platform provider into the insurance sector. They are looking for a Senior Java developer to join their team and help deliver across a range of exciting projects for both UK and international partners.
Responsibilities of the Senior Java Developer will include
Working as a senior within a skilled team of developers you will be working on a cutting edge platform built primarily with Java 11 and the Spring 5 Framework using PostgreSQL databases, following a multi-tiered service-oriented architecture. This is deployed as 100+ microservices across multiple docker nodes on AWS, making use of Consul, RabbitMQ, Redis and Solr, amongst others.
Playing an integral part of the development and maintenance of the end-to-end solution encompassing online marketing and ecommerce; multi-channel customer service; claims and underwriting workflow; and Business Intelligence you will be working across a varied range of projects. It provides multiple public websites, portals, web services and online line-of-business applications in a High Availability scenario to customers globally, partners.
- Contributing to the development of our core insurance platform and its websites and APIs, with a broad use of Java and the Spring Framework
- Creating SQL queries for use in OLTP databases, data pipeline, and data warehouse
- Taking ideas, requirements, and bug reports and working through them with team members and stakeholders to design appropriate, and sometimes innovative, solutions to business problems
- Working with the front-end developers to integrate their front-end creations using natural templating via Thymeleaf, and REST via AJAX
- Testing your work thoroughly, as well as getting involved in code-reviews and retrospectives to improve the work of other team-members
Technical Requirements and Experience for the Senior Java Developer
You will have at east 3 years' experience working with Java as your main programming language, ideally with strong use of Java 11 and Spring 5 framework, as well as microservices , OLTP databases, Docker, and AWS cloud technology.
Ideally you will have worked across bespoke, high availability platforms, and have some understanding of the core business requirements of a large insurance organisation.
Communication skills are key, as is the ability to mentor and develop more junior staff member.
If you have worked within Agile frameworks previously this would be highly advantageous.
What's on Offer for the successful Senior Java Developer
Competitive base salary, coupled with annual bonus, wider benefits and hybrid working that will give you the opportunity to work as remotely with just one day a week in central Reading offices (free parking provided).