Job Description - Senior PR Manager
Hybrid to Tunbridge Wells or Peterborough
Are you passionate about PR? If so, we'd love to meet you!
Consumer PR expert? This could be the opportunity for you! We are looking for an experienced Senior PR Manager to join a fast paced, creative and welcoming team. The candidate should be innovative, proactive, have great attention to detail and be a true team player, who feels comfortable with all aspects of PR, from representing brands at journalist meetings to compiling media lists and writing press copy. The candidate has a real opportunity to make the role their own and work with autonomy on a number of award-winning B2C brands offering specialist insurance.
- Supporting the strategy, planning and execution of B2C external communication plans to generate online and print coverage. This can include:
- Writing content for advertising activities such as solus emails, advertorials/editorials, thought leadership articles and comments.
- Managing approval processes with the business.
- Drafting press releases and copy to promote and support business activity.
- Ensuring the team is meeting the requirements set out in the plans and adding value.
- Develop creative PR (one-off and campaigns) to support business activity and targets, including product launches, thought leadership articles and profile building.
- Research and evaluate new opportunities.
- Collaborate with the MI team to identify key customer trends as the basis of news releases and campaigns.
- Be 'in the know' regarding the current news agenda and put forward relevant, topical and proactive comment opportunities/angles to create positive media coverage. This can include planned relevant awareness days and news hijacking opportunities.
- Manage and strengthen trade and consumer press relations advantageously with regular touchpoints and meetings with key consumer and relevant sector journalists.
- Develop effective relationships with external partners to ensure consistent messaging.
- Operate an effective day-to-day media relations function including managing incoming media requests and being the main contact for any media complaints.
- Undertake other reasonable responsibilities and projects as instructed by the Head of External Group Communications.
- Where applicable, adhere to Company processes with regard to FCA compliance and Treating Customers Fairly.
- Where applicable, ensure that DPA, FCA, TCF and other regulatory requirements are met.
- Ensure business messages and values are portrayed and consistent in communications including press releases, comments, newsletters, editorials and web content.
- Work with relevant teams to ensure a joined-up approach across all marketing functions.
Key Skills and Knowledge:
- Seven years of progressively more responsible positions in communications, preferably with a B2C background.
- Experience in using media monitoring and press distribution platforms, such as Gorkana.
- Bachelors Degree in Communications or a related field required.
- Be an exceptional creative thinker; able to demonstrate being a hands-on communications expert who thrives on the creative process and written word.
- Ability to work flexibly and to tight deadlines when required.
- Strong and effective communicator - written and verbal.
- Demonstrate 100% attention to detail.
- Highly developed teamwork skills, enjoy working closely with other managers and team members within marketing and communications department, and across the group.
- Familiarity and skill with communications tools including written communications, marketing material, press and social media, and events.
- Ability to tailor communications to different audiences based on each brand.
· Analytical and Creative Thinking
· Commercial Focus
· Communication Skills
· Customer Focus
· Decision Making
· Flexibility and Managing Change
· Planning and Prioritisation
· Team working
· Results Focus