Senior SOC Analyst/Incident Commander - Global Risk Management Leader - Competitive Salary + Package - Perm - Hybrid working with base of London (City) or other UK locations
Gerrard White are working with a global risk management and insurance broking organisation with a huge presence in the UK, who are currently looking for a Senior SOC Analyst to join their growing SOC Function.
This is an exciting time to join a market leading, highly acquisitional organisation in a role that will provide good quality, varied work within a complex IT environment. You will be working closely with stakeholders at all levels, engaging with like-minded individuals across the organisation.
As a Senior SOC Analyst, you will also hold the Incident Commander title, where you will be responsible for leading all regionally based security incidents. Actively partnering with a number of regional governance teams and supporting the incident response plan for major security incidents on a global scale.
We are looking for somebody who is very much proactive in their approach to detecting and containing cyber-related threats, providing an in-depth threat detection analysis in real-time and handling all incidents.
The successful Senior SOC Analyst/Incident Commander will -
- Act as escalation point for IT team members in the resolution of complex problems
- Act as a single point of contact for phone calls, emails and self-service tickets from internal staff on IT security issues, queries and requests
- Proactive system security maintenance and help prepare for major incidents
- Publish support documentation to assist IT colleagues in following defined IT processes
- Support the IT Operations and Engineering teams in delivering all aspects of support inclusive of priority one operational outages
- Drive major incidents to resolution and provide direct incident response
- Provide direction to an off-site security operations team, ensuring appropriate hours of coverage for global operations, inclusive of incident hand over
- Build management Information Reports and coordinate actions
- Ensure regular and clear updates are provided to the global security operational teams
- Investigate security events, both automated (e.g. system alerts) and manual (e.g. Service Desk tickets)
- Collaborate with system owners to identify remediation plans for security issues found and tracks to completion
- Assist in the coordination of regular security assessments including penetration tests and application vulnerability evaluation
- Work to strict change control governance
The successful Senior SOC Analyst/Incident Commander -
- Good knowledge of offensive and defensive Attack Methods, threat hunting, detection and monitoring technologies, MITRE attack framework and industry kill chains, attacker methods in complex, globally enabled programs
- Good application of network analysis technologies, and good Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) skills
- Basic system, network and cloud forensic experience; Basic operating system security (Windows/ Linux)
- Ability to assess the situation, strategize, and make rapid informed decisions on appropriate courses of action
- Has flexibility and able to listen and act on expert feedback, modifying plans and actions dynamically
- Has been involved in major incident response scenarios as an active participant
- Knowledge of security and regulatory practices (e.g. ISO 27001, NIST, Cobit, GDPR)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, able to present technical risks and issues to technical and non-technical audiences internal and external to the organisation
- Minimum 7 years of professional work experience in the cybersecurity industry, with exposure to senior management; Bachelor's degree/ technical degree or equivalent holder
- CISSP, CISA or GIAC certification preferred; CEH certification would be beneficial
- Knowledge and experience working with an ISMS
- A proven knowledge of security principles and best practices
- Good network and edge protection, firewalls, proxies and cloud brokering
What's on offer for the successful Senior SOC Analyst/Incident Commander -
Competitive base salary depending on experience, coupled with a good benefits package, bonus, and fantastic degree of flexible working. There may be some wider UK and international travel required at times, however, this will be infrequent.