Senior Underwriting Analyst - Leading Global Insurer - City + Remote - Perm
Superb opportunity to join one of the world's leading organisation as a Senior Underwriting Analyst. Working with a business where employees and customers are always at the core of their values and practices, you will be offered excellent opportunities to develop and progress your career, alongside a competitive salary and benefits package.
Working within a highly performing team of underwriting analysts your role will see you analysing and managing large data sets within a range of portfolio and personal lines accounts, across a range of European, and non-European portfolios.
You will be providing comprehensive analytical support to help evolve the businesses' understanding of product performance, using tools such as SAS, proactively using your results and initiative to recommend solutions to the business.
Your duties as a Senior Underwriting Analyst:
- Monitor the underwriting performance with the aim of protecting the profitability of the portfolio. This includes identifying performance enhancements and MI Improvements and work actively on the implementation of remedial plans where required.
- Co-ordinate and build collaborative relationships within the business unit in order to enable the business to effectively manage the performance of the clients across the region.
- Support the Claims team with their focused activities to improve claims frequency and severity and enhance processes and procedures to improve scheme performance.
- Help to develop account models, recommend improvements and provide support to team in their creation.
- Assess new opportunities by developing pricing models and making recommendations for final underwriting sign off by the Underwriting Manager. This includes building pricing models and carrying out the associated analysis to accurately project performance. Analyse results and providing recommendations on both coverage and pricing.
- Involvement in the departments QlikView tool, including understanding how it works and be able to maintain and develop it
The Successful Senior Underwriting Analyst
You will come from a similar underwriting analysis, or pricing background within a UK general, or global insurance organisation using tools such as SAS for programming, as well as QlikView, and QlikSense to manage large sets of data.
Communication skills are paramount, as you will be liaising with a range of stakeholders , and it is critical that you are able to explain the 'so what' of technical information to a non-technical audience.
You will ideally have a relevant mathematical, or scientific degree, as well studies within the CII.
You MUST be a team player, who as a senior will take an interest in mentoring, and developing junior analysts.
What's on Offer for the successful Senior Underwriting Analyst
Competitive base salary depending on experience, coupled with a good benefits package, bonus, and fantastic degree of flexible working which will see you work 2/3 days a week in city offices.