An exciting opportunity to join a leading name in the Music industry as a Software Team Lead!
Gerrard White are currently working with a leading name in the Music industry who are looking for a software manager, to lead the embedded software team from their tech hub in High Wycombe.
You will need to be a strong communicator with prior experience in leading a team of engineers/developers in a fast-paced agile environment.
What you'll be doing:
- Managing the day to day needs of 10+ embedded software engineers who work on upstream new technology investigation, through product development and delivery, to ongoing maintenance of products in the market.
- Working closely with Programme Lead Engineers and Subject Matter Experts to harness your team's strengths and address development needs. You'll be intimate with the bigger picture programme roadmaps and needs of concurrent active projects, helping your team with prioritisation, identifying opportunities for efficiency, effective communication and ensuring engagement with the wider project team.
- You'll acquire deep understanding of the products, business needs and stakeholders to help your team make informed and pragmatic decisions. The team will need your leadership and coaching skills to guide them through the range of challenges to meet the growing needs of the business.
- You'll be reporting to the Head of Embedded Engineering and collaborating closely with the wider engineering leadership team.
- Regular 1:1s, goal setting, feedback, appraisals
- Forecasting project resourcing needs and creating models to inform roadmap sequencing and hiring needs
- Recruitment, training, team capacity/resilience, career progression planning
- Energising the team, staying focused on the key goals whilst fostering a sense of fun and creativity
- Representing the team's interests in status, roadmap and staffing meetings
- Continuously evolving processes to ensure delivery of efficient, high-quality code
- Helping the team with optimising the development approach agile / waterfall and guiding the team on development practices
- Continuous improvement, guiding the team in learning lessons and implementing best practice across the team
- Where appropriate engaging with contractors to achieve business goals
An ideal candidate is likely to be:
- A good communicator who is able to articulate complex problems to a range of audiences
- Someone who can inspire by setting an ambitious but realistic vision and then motivate a team to achieve it
- Experienced in guiding a team to use appropriate development methodologies such as peer review, TDD, unit testing, XP and automation
- Comfortable collaborating with an embedded electronics team
- Aware of embedded software development languages, architectures and tools e.g., C, C++, scripting, bare metal, RTOS, Linux, DSP, SVN, Git, Jenkins with some hands-on experience
- Able to guide a team with approaches to robust firmware design e.g., requirements capture, story boarding, system design tools, documentation
- Familiar with a range of microprocessors and related technologies
- Interested and inquisitive about audio, music and music technology